Route Optimization of Aquatic Product Transportation Based on an Improved Ant Colony Algorithm
Chenxiao Yu*, Zuiyi Shen**,, and Pengfei Li***
*International Campus, Zhejiang University
38 Haizhou East Road, Haining, Zhejiang 314400, China
**School of Management and Economics, Zhejiang Ocean University
No.1 Haida South Road, Lincheng Street, Zhoushan, Zhejiang 316022, China
***School of Port and Navigation Traffic, Zhejiang Ocean University
18 Xuezheng Road, Xiasha University Town, Hangzhou 310018, China
In this paper, the time window in which aquatic products must be delivered and the uncertainty of road conditions that affect the time at which customers are able to receive the goods are added as constraints in the optimization model of the Vehicle Routing Problem. The use of pheromones in the original ant colony algorithm was improved, and the waiting factor was added into the state transition rules to limit the information range. The improved ant colony algorithm was used to simulate the model with the example of aquatic product transportation route planning in Zhoushan city. The results show that this algorithm can optimize the transportation and distribution routes of aquatic products more effectively.
-  A. Colorni, M. Dorigo, and V. Maniezzo, “Distributed Optimization by Ant Colonies,” Proc. of European Conf. on Artificial Life (ECAL91), pp. 134-142, 1992.
-  T. Stützle and H. Hoos, “MAX-MIN Ant System and Local Search for the Traveling Salesman Problem,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC’97), pp. 309-314, 2002.
-  B. Bullnheimer, R. F. Hartl, and C. Strauss, “A New Rank Based Version of the Ant System-A Computational Study,” Central European J. of Operations Research, Vol.7, No.1, pp. 25-38, 1999.
-  Y. Wang and J. Xie, “An adaptive ant colony algorithm and its simulation study,” J. of System Simulation, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 31-33, 2002 (in Chinese).
-  K. Min, H. Ge, Y. Zhang, and Y. Liang, “Hybrid algorithm based on ant colony and particle swarm optimization to solve TSP problem,” J. of Jilin University (Information Science Edition), Vol.2006, No.4, 2006 (in Chinese).
-  H. Huang, J. Men, S. Chen, P. Zhang, Y. Wang, and G. Huang, “Research on Vehicle Route Optimization for Fruit and Vegetable Transportation Based on Improved Ant Colony Algorithms,” Preservation and Processing, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 24-25, 2011 (in Chinese).
-  R. Jia and W. Ma, “An improved maximum minimum ant colony algorithm based on neighborhood search,” Computer Simulation, Vol.34, No.12, pp. 261-262, 2014 (in Chinese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.