Pseudospectral Real-Time Optimal Energy Control with Safety Constraints for Heavy-Haul Trains
Rui Zhang, Jun Peng†, Bin Chen, Hongtao Liao, and Zhiwu Huang
School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University
Changsha, Hunan 410075, China
-  M. Chou and X. Xia, “Optimal cruise control of heavy-haul trains equipped with electronically controlled pneumatic brake systems,” Control Engineering Practice, Vol.15, No.5, pp. 511-519, 2007.
-  X. Zhuan and X. Xia, “Cruise control scheduling of heavy haul trains,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, Vol.14, No.4, pp. 757-766, 2006.
-  L. Zhang and X. Zhuan, “Optimal operation of heavy-haul trains equipped with electronically controlled pneumatic brake systems using model predictive control methodology,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, Vol.22, No.1, pp. 13-22, 2014.
-  R. Liu and I. M. Golovitcher, “Energy-efficient operation of rail vehicles,” Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Vol.37, No.10, pp. 917-932, 2003.
-  P. Howlett, “Optimal strategies for the control of a train,” Automatica, Vol.32, No.4, pp. 519-532, 1996.
-  P. G. Howlett, P. J. Pudney, and V. Xuan, “Local energy minimization in optimal train control,” Automatica, Vol.45, No.11, pp. 2692-2698, 2009.
-  P. Gruber and M. M. Bayoumi, “Suboptimal control strategies for mul-tilocomotive powered trains,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.27, No.3, pp. 536-546, 1982.
-  P. G. Howlett, I. P. Milroy, and P. J. Pudney, “Energy-efficient train control,” Control Engineering Practice, Vol.2, No.94, pp. 193-200, 1994.
-  M. Chou, X. Xia, and C. Kayser, “Modelling and model validation of heavy-haul trains equipped with electronically controlled pneumatic brake systems,” Control Engineering Practice, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 501-509, 2007.
-  G. T. Huntington and A. V. Rao, “Optimal reconfiguration of spacecraft formations using the gauss pseudospectral method,” J. of Guidance Control and Dynamics, Vol.31, No.3, pp. 689-698, 2008.
-  D. Garg, W. Hager, and A. Rao, “Gauss pseudospectral method for solving infinite-horizon optimal control problems,” Automatica, Vol.47, No.4, pp. 829-837, 2011.
-  T. Guo, J. Li, H. Baoyin, and F. Jiang, “Pseudospectral methods for trajectory optimization with interior point constraints: Verification and applications,” IEEE Trans. on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol.3, No.49, pp. 2005-2017, 2013.
-  P. Han, J. Shan, and X. Meng, “Re-entry trajectory optimization using an hp-adaptive radau pseudospectral method,” Proc. of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part G, J. of Aerospace Engineering, Vol.227, No.10, pp. 1623-1636, 2012.
-  D. Garg, M. A. Patterson, C. Francolin, C. L. Darby, G. T. Huntington, W. W. Hager, and A. V. Rao, “Direct trajectory optimization and costate estimation of finite-horizon and infinite-horizon optimal control problems using a radau pseudospectral method,” Computational Optimization and Applications, Vol.360, No.2, pp. 217-223, 2006.
-  D. Garg, “Advances in global pseudospectral methods for optimal control,” 2011.
-  S. Li, Y. Zhu, and Y. Wang, “Rapid design and optimization of low-thrust rendezvous/interception trajectory for asteroid deflection missions,” Advances in Space Research, Vol.53, No.4, pp. 696-707, 2014.
-  G. Qi, W. Kang, N. S. Bedrossian, F. Fahroo, P. Sekhavat, and K. Bollino, “Pseudospectral optimal control for military and industrial applications,” Proc. of the IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, pp. 4128-4142, 2008.
-  I. M. Ross, G. Qi, F. Fahroo, and W. Kang, “Practical stabilization through real-time optimal control,” American Control Conf., pp. 304-309, 2006.
-  Q. Gong, I. M. Ross, and W. Kang, “A unified pseudospectral framework for nonlinear controller and observer design,” American Control Conf., pp. 1943-1949, 2007.
-  K. Gao, Z. Huang, J. Wang, J. Peng, and W. Liu, “Decentralizedcontrol of heavy-haul trains with input constraints and communication delays,” Control Engineering Practice, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 420-427, 2013.
-  G. Qi, M. Ross, and W. Kang, “A pseudospectral observer for nonlinear systems,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems - Series B, Vol.3, No.3, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.