Stabilization of Networked Interconnected Systems
Dan Jin*,**, Li Yu*, and Wen-An Zhang*
*Department of Automation, Zhejiang University of Technology
Hangzhou 310023, China
Wenzhou 325000, China
In this paper, the decentralized stabilization of networked interconnected systems is investigated. The switched system approach is used to deal with the network-induced time-varying delays, and a discrete-time switched systems model is proposed to describe the networked interconnected systems. Furthermore, a sufficient condition is derived for the closed-loop systems to be exponentially stable by introducing the average dwell time, and a procedure for the design of decentralized state feedback controllers is presented by solving a convex optimization problem. A numerical example is given to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed results.
-  A. Casavola, E. Garone, and F. Tedesco, “A distributed multi-agent command governor strategy for the coordination of networked interconnected systems,” IEEE Trans. on Automat. Contr., Vol.59, No.8, pp. 2099-2112, 2014.
-  E. G. Tian and D. Yue, “Decentralized control of network-based interconnected systems: A state- dependent triggering method,” Int. J. Robust and Nonlin. Contr., Vol.25, No.8, pp. 1126-1144, 2015.
-  C. C. Chiang, “Decentralized robust fuzzy-model- based control of uncertain large-scale systems with input Delay,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Syst., pp. 498-505, 2006.
-  S. S. Stankovic, D. M. Stipanovic and D. D. Siljak, “Decentralized dynamic output feedback for robust stabilization of a class of nonlinear interconnected systems,” Automatica, Vol.43, No.5, pp. 861-867, 2007.
-  H. L. Hu and D. Zhao, “Decentralized H∞ control for uncertain interconnected systems of neutral type via dynamic output feedback,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, Vol.2014, No.10, 2014.
-  W. A. Zhang, L. Yu, and S. Yin, “A switched system approach to H∞ control of networked control systems with time-varying delays,” J. Franklin Institute, Vol.348, No.2, pp. 165-178, 2011.
-  H. G. Zhang, Z. Zhang, Z. L. Wang, and Q. L. Shan, “New results on stability and stabilization of networked control systems with short time-varying delay,” IEEE Trans. on Cybern., Vol.PP, No.99, pp. 1-10, 2015.
-  H. Lin and P. J. Antsaklis, “Stability and persistent disturbance attenuation properties for a class of networked control systems: switched system approach,” Int. J. Control, Vol.78, No.18, pp. 1447-1458, 2005.
-  D. D. Yang and K. Y. Cai, “Decentralized networked stabilization for interconnected nonlinear systems: A fuzzy control approach,” Proc. of the 8th World Congress on Intel. Contr. and Autom., pp. 4823-4828, 2010.
-  G.eun Bum Koo, J. B. Park, and Y. H. Joo, “Decentralized dynamic output feedback controller for nonlinear interconnected systems with time delay: fuzzy logic approaches,” Int. Conf. on contr., Autom. and Syst., pp. 623-626, 2008.
-  Z. X. Zhong, S. H. Fu, G. H. Sun, and J. B. Qiu, “Decentralized piecewise H∞ control for large-scale T-S fuzzy systems with time-varying delay,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Syst., pp. 1-6, 2015.
-  F. H. Hsiao, C. W. Chen, Y. W. Liang, S. D. Xu, and W. L. Chiang, “T-S Fuzzy Controllers for Nonlinear Interconnected Systems With Multiple Time Delays,” IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Syst. I, Vol.52, No.9, pp. 1883-1893, 2005.
-  Y. Zhao, H. Gao, J. Lam, and B. Du, “Stability and stabilization of delayed T-S fuzzy systems: a delay partitioning approach,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Syst., Vol.17, No.4, pp. 750-762, 2009.
-  H. Zhang, J. Yang, and C.Y. Su, “T-S fuzzy- model-based robust H∞ design for networked control systems with uncertainties,” IEEE Trans. on Ind. Inf., Vol.3, No.4, pp. 289-301, 2007.
-  H. Zhang, M. Li, J. Yang, and D. Yang, “Fuzzy model-based robust networked control for a class of nonlinear systems,” IEEE Trans. on Syst., Man, and Cybern. A, Vol.39, No.2, pp. 437-447, 2009.
-  J. Nilsson, “Real-time control systems with delays,” Ph.D. Thesis, Lund Institute of Technology, 1998.
-  S. S. Hu and Q. X. Zhu, “Stochastic optimal control and analysis of stability of networked control systems with long delay,” Automatica, Vol.39, No.11, pp. 1877-1884, 2003.
-  L. Hetel, J. Daafouz, and C. Lung, “Analysis and control of LTI and switched systems in the digital loops via an event-based modeling,” Int. J. Control, Vol.81, No.7, pp. 1125-1138, 2008.
-  Y. J. Pan, H. J. Marquez, and T. Chen, “Stabilization of remote control systems with unknown time varying delays,” Int. J. Control, Vol.79, No.7, pp. 752-763, 2006.
-  M. B. G. Cloosterman, N. van de Wouw, W. P. M. H. Heemels, and H. Nijmeijer, “Stability of networked control systems with uncertain time-varying delays,” IEEE Trans. on Automat. Contr., Vol.54, No.7, pp. 1575-1580, 2009.
-  L. S. Hu, T. Bai, P. Shi, and Z. M. Wu, “Sampled-data control of networked linear control systems,” Automatica, Vol.43, No.5, pp. 903-911, 2007.
-  G. S. Zhai, B. Hu, K. Yasuda, and A. Michel, “Qualitative analysis of discrete-time switched systems,” Proc. of the 21th American Contr. Conf., Vol.3, pp. 1880-1885, 2002.