Issues on Assistive Products from Developments to Social Acceptance: A Literature Review
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
Central 2, Umezono 1-1-1 Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8568, Japan
-  ISO 9999:2011 Assistive products for persons with disability – Classification and terminology.
-  R. G. Cooper, “A process model for industrial new product development,” IEEE Trans. on Engineering Management, EM-30, No.1 , pp. 2-11, 1983.
-  R. G. Cooper, and E. J. Kleinschmidt, “An Investigation into the New Product Process: Steps, Deficiencies, and Impact,” J. of Product Innovation Management, Vol.3, pp. 71-85, 1986.
-  G. J. Stigler, “The Economics of Information,” J. of Political Economy, Vol.69, No.3, pp. 213-225, 1961.
-  K. J. Arrow, “Uncertainty and the welfare economics of medical care,” The American Economic Review, Vol.58, pp. 941-973, 1963.
-  G. A. Akerlof, “The Market for Lemons: Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism,” The Quarterly J. of Economics, Vol.84, No.3., pp. 488-500, 1970.
-  E. V. Hippel, “Sticky Information’ and the Locus of Problem Solving: Implications for Innovation,” Management Science, Vol.40, No.4, pp. 429-439, 1994.
-  G. Szulanski, “Exploring internal stickiness: Impediments to the transfer of best practice within the firm,” Strategic Management J., Vol.17 (Special Issue), pp. 27-43, 1996.
-  Herbert A Simon, “Administrative Behavior: A Study of Decision-Making Processes in Administrative Organization (3rd Ed.),” The Free Press, Collier Macmillan Publishers, London, UK, 1976.
-  D. Kahneman, “Maps of Bounded Rationality: Psychology for Behavioral Economics,” American Economic Review, Vol.93, No.5, pp. 1449-1475, 2003.
-  Amos Tversky and Daniel Kahneman, “Judgment under uncertainty: Heuristics and biases,” Science, Vol.185, No.4157, pp. 1124-1131, 1974.
-  E. M. Rogers, “Diffusion of Innovations,” The Free Press, 2003.
-  A. Souza, A. Kelleher, R. Cooper, R. A. Cooper, L. I. Iezzoni, and D. M. Collins, “Multiple sclerosis and mobility-related assistive technology: systematic review of literature,” J. Rehabil Res Dev., Vol.47, pp. 213-223, 2010.
-  Canadian Task Force on the Periodic Health Examination, “The periodic health examination,” Can Med Assoc J., Vol.121, pp. 1193-1254, 1979.
-  D Clayback, R Hostak, J. A. Leahy, J. Minkel, M. Piper, R. O. Smith, and T. Vaarwerk, “Standards for assistive technology funding: What are the right criteria?,” Assistive Technology Outcomes and Benefits, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 39-54, 2015.
-  METIS, JFMDA, “Medical Device Regulatory Science Guidebook,” 2012 (in Japanese).
-  D. C. Gause and G. M. Weinberg, “Exploring Requirements: Quality Before Design,” Dorset House Publ. Co., Inc., New York, NY, USA, 1989.
-  R. G. Cooper, “Perspective: The Stage-Gate®Idea-to-Launch Process – Update, What’s New, and NexGen Systems.,” J. of Product Innovation Management, Vol.25, pp. 213-232, 2008.
-  ISO 9241-210 / Ergonomics of human-system interaction – Part 210: Human-centred design for interactive systems.
-  R. G. Cooper, “What’s next? After Stage-Gate,” ResearchTechnology Management, Vol.157, No.1, pp. 20-31, 2014.
-  ISO 9241-11:1998 Ergonomic requirements for office work with visual display terminals (VDTs) – Part 11: Guidance on usability.
-  IEC 62366-1:2015 Medical devices – Part 1: Application of usability engineering to medical devices.
-  Analysing and federating the European assistive technology ICT industry, Europe’s Information Society, 2009. http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/document.cfm?action=display&doc_id=606 [Accessed May 20, 2016].
-  M. Solomon, G. Bamossy, S. Askegaard and M. K. Hogg, “Consumer behaviour: a European perspective, (3rd Ed.),” Financial Times, 2006.
-  F. D. Davis, “Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and User Acceptance of Information Technology,” MIS Quarterly, Vol.13, No.3, pp. 319-340, 1989.
-  V. Venkatesh, and F. D. Davis, “A Model of the Antecedents of Perceived Ease of Use: Development and Test,” Decision Sciences, Vol.27, pp. 451-481, 1996.
-  G. C. Moore, and I. Benbasat, “Development of an instrument to measure the perceptions of adopting an information technology innovation,” Information Systems Research, Vol.2, No.3, pp. 192-222, 1991.
-  Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology,
http://www.parliament.uk/post [Accessed May 20, 2016].
-  The Office of Technology Assessment at the German Bundestag, http://www.tab-beim-bundestag.de/en/ [Accessed May 20, 2016].
-  Office parlementaire d’évaluation des choix scientifiques et technologiques, http://www2.assemblee-nationale.fr/14/les-delegations-comite-et-office-parlementaire/office-parlementaire-d-evaluation-des-choix-scientifiques-et-technologiques [Accessed May 20, 2016].
-  The Danish Board of Technology Foundation,
http://www.tekno.dk/?lang=en [Accessed May 20, 2016].
-  EUnetHTA, http://www.eunethta.eu/ [Accessed May 20, 2016].
-  K. Kidhol, A. G. Ekelan, L. K. Jensen, et al., “A model for assessment of telehealth applications: MAST,” Int. J. Technol Assess Health Care, Vol.28, pp. 44-51, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.