Control of a Stand-Alone Wind Energy Conversion Systemvia a Third-Harmonic Injection Indirect Matrix Converter
Dan-Yun Li*,**, Qun-Tai Shen*, Zhen-Tao Liu**,†, and Hui Wang*
*School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University
Changsha, Hunan 410083, China
**School of Automation, China University of Geosciences
Wuhan, Hubei 430074, China
-  L. Zhang and C. Watthanasam, “A matrix converter excited doubly-fed induction machine as a wind power generator,” 7th Int. Conf. on Power Electronics and Variable Speed Drives, pp. 532-537, 2008.
-  L. X. Wei and T. A. Lipo, “A Novel Matrix Converter with Simple Commutation,” IAS Annul Meeting, Vol.3, pp. 17491754, 2001.
-  L. X. Wei, T. A. Lipo, and H. Chan, “Matrix Converter Topologies with Reduced No.of Switches,” IEEE 33rd Annual Power Electronic Specialists Conf., Vol.1, pp. 57-63, 2002.
-  J. W. Kola, M. Baumann, F. Schafmeister, et al., “Novel three-phase AC-AC sparse matrix converter,” Proc. of the 17th IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conf. and Exposition, Vol.2, pp. 777-791, 2002.
-  M. Y. Lee, P. Wheeler, and C. Klumpner, “A new modulation method for the three-level-output-stage matrix converter,” IEEE Power Conversion Conf., pp. 776-783, 2007.
-  N. Holtsmark and M. Molinas, “Matrix converter efficiency in a high frequency link offshore WECS,” 37th Annual Conf. on IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, pp. 1420-1425, 2011.
-  R. Cardenas, R. Pena, R. Ruiz, et al., “Control of a Wind Energy Conversion System based on an induction generator fed by a matrix converter,” Power Electronics Specialists Conf., pp. 2711-2716, 2008.
-  R. Cardenas, R. Pena, and P. Wheeler, “Analytical and Experimental Evaluation of a WECS Based on a Cage Induction Generation Fed by a Matrix Converter,” IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol.26, Issue 1, 2011.
-  F. M. Borujeni and M. Ardebili, “DTC-SVM Control Strategy for Induction Machine based on Indirect Matrix Converter in Flywheel Energy storage System,” Power Electronics, Drive Systems and Technologies Conf., pp. 352-357, 2015.
-  R. Mel'icio, V. M. F. Mendes, and J. P. S. Catalão, “Modeling and Simulation of Wind Energy Systems with Matrix and Multilevel Power Converters,” Latin America Trans., Vol.7, Issue 1, 2009.
-  S. M. Barakati, M. Kazerani, and J. D. Aplevich, “Maximum power tracking control for a wind turbine system including a matrix converter,” IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol.3, No.24, pp. 705-713, 2009.
-  D. Y. Li, Q. T. Shen, Z. T. Liu, et al., “Hybrid Modulation Strategy for Two-Stage Matrix Converter and its Application in Vector Control of Doubly Fed Induction Generator,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (JACIII), Vol.20, No.1, pp. 171-180, 2016.
-  E. Rezaei, A. Tabesh, and M. Ebrahimi, “Dynamic Model and Control of DFIG Wind Energy Systems Based on Power Transfer Matrix,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol.27, Issue 3, 2012.
-  M. Diaz, R. Cardenas, F. Rojas, and J. Clare, “3-Phase 4-wire matrix converter-based voltage sag/swell generator to test low-voltage ride through in wind energy conversion systems,” IET Power Electronics, Vol.7, Issue 12, 2014.
-  R. Cardenas, R. Pena, P. Wheeler, et al., “Control of the Reactive Power Supplied by a WECS Based on an Induction Generator Fed by a Matrix Converter,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.56, No.2, 2009.
-  J. W. Kolar and F. Schafmeiser, “Novel Modulation Schemes Minimizing the Switching Losses of Sparse Matrix Converter,” Proc. of the 29th Annual Conf., Vol.3, pp. 2085-2090, 2003.
-  H. Wang, M. Su, Y. Sun, et al., “Active third-harmonic injection indirect matrix converters with dual three-phase outputs,” IET Power Electronics, DOI: 10.1049/iet-pel.2014.0703.
-  H. Wang, M. Su, Y. Sun, et al., “Two-stage Matrix Converter Based on Third-Harmonic Injection Technique,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol.31, No.1, pp. 533-543, 2016.
-  A. Nabae and T. Tanaka, “A New Definition of Instantaneous Active-Reactive Current and Power Based on Instantaneous Space Vectors on Polar Coordinates in Three-Phase Circuits,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 1238-1243, 1996.
-  S. H. Li, R. Challo, and M. J. Nemmers, “Comparative Study of DFIG Power Control Using Stator-Voltage and Stator-Flux Oriented Frames,” Power & Energy Society General Meeting, pp. 1-8, 2009.
-  R. Pena, J. C. Clare, and G. M. Asher, “A doubly fed induction generator using back-to-back PWM converters supplying an isolated load from a variable speed wind turbine,” Electric Power Applications, Vol.143, No.5, pp. 380-387, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.