Adaptive Nonsingular Terminal Sliding Mode Control of 6-DOF Manipulator with Modified Switch Function
Cong Cheng, Ru Lai, Zhen Chen, and Xiangdong Liu
Beijing Institute of Technology
5 South Zhongguancun Street, Haidian District, Beijing 100081, China
This paper presents an adaptive nonsingular terminal sliding mode control algorithm with a modified switch function for a 6-DOF manipulator with unknown modeling errors and external disturbances. The finitetime convergence of the controller is analyzed using Lyapunov stability theory. The algorithm avoids singular problems and estimates the upper bound of system uncertainties. A modified switch function is used to achieve precise tracking and reduce chattering in control torque. Finally, the effectiveness of the control method is verified through simulation.
-  Y. Hu, “Variable structure control theory and application,” Science Press, 2003.
-  J. Hu and K. Zhuang, “Advanced variable structure control theory foundation,” Northwestern Polytechnic University Press, 2008.
-  Utkin.Vadim I, J. Guldner, and J. Shi, “Sliding mode control in electromechanical systems,” Taylor & Francis, 1999.
-  Y. Zhou, L. Xiang, and X. Xu, “Sliding Mode Control of Biped Robot,” J. of Northeastern University, Vol.24, No.9, pp. 892-895, 2003.
-  X. Ruan, J. Hu, and Q. Wang, “Sliding Mode Control of A Single Wheel Robot,” Control Engineering, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 128-132, 2011.
-  S. T. Venkataraman and S. Gulati, “Terminal sliding modes: A new approach to nonlinear control synthesis,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Advanced Robotics, IEEE, pp. 443-448, 1991.
-  Z. Man, A. P. Paplinski, and H. R. Wu, “A Robust MIMO Terminal Sliding Mode Control for Rigid Robotic Manipulators,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.39, No.12, 1994.
-  S. Li, K. Li, J. Wang, and F. Gao, “Nonsingular Fast Terminal Sliding Mode Control Method,” Information and Control, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 1-8, 2009. B. R. N. Mezghani and T. Damak, “Adaptive Terminal Sliding Mode Control for Rigid Robotic Manipulators,” Int. J. of Automation and Computing, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 215-220, 2012.
-  Y. Feng, S. Bao, and X. Yu, “Fast Terminal Sliding Mode Control without Chattering Used in Rigid Manipulator,” Control and Decision, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 381-384, 2002.
-  S. H. Yu, X. H. Yu, B. Shirinzadeh et al., “Continuous Finite-time Control for Robotic Manipulators with Terminal Sliding Mode,” Automatica, Vol.41, No.11, pp. 1957-1964, 2005.
-  Z. H. Man, O. Mike, and X. H. Yu, “A Robust Adaptive Terminal Sliding Mode Control for Rigid Robotic Manipulators,” J. of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 23-41, 1999.
-  S. P. Bhat and D. S. Bemstein, “Continuous Finite-time Stabilization of the Translational and Rotational Double Integrators,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.43, No.5, pp. 678-682, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.