Stability Analysis and Hopf Bifurcation Control for a Wireless Network Model
Feng Liu*, Xiang Yin*, Xinmei Wang*, Wei Liu*, Longsheng Wei*, and Hua O. Wang**
*School of Automation, China University of Geosciences
No.388 Lumo Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan Hubei 430074, China
**Department of Mechanical Engineering, Boston University
Boston, MA 02215, USA
-  V. Jacobson, “Congestion avoidance and control,” ACM SIGCOMM Comput. Commun. Rev., Vol.18, No.4, pp. 314-329, 1998.
-  S. Floyd and V. Jacobson, “Random early detection gateways for congestion avoidance,” IEEE/ACM Trans. Netw., Vol.1, No.4, pp. 397-413, 1993.
-  V. Misra, W. B. Gong, and D. Towlsey, “Fluid-based analysis of a network of AQM routers supporting TCP flows with an application to RED,” ACM SIGCOMM., pp. 151-160, 2000.
-  J. P. Hepanha, S. Bohacek, K. Obrxzka, and J. Lee, “Hybrid modeling of TCP congestion control,” Lect. Notes Comput.Sci., Vol.2034, pp. 291-304, 2001.
-  D. Katabi, M. Handley, and C. Rohrs, “Congestion control for high bandwidth-delay product networks,” ACM SIGCOMM, 2002.
-  S. Floyd, “HighSpeed TCP for large congestion windows,” RFC Editor, pp. 3649, 2003.
-  C. Jin, D. X. Wei, and S. H. Low, “FAST TCP: motivation, architecture, algorithms, performance,” IEEE INFOCOM, 2004.
-  T. Kelly, “Scalable TCP: Improving performance in high speed wide area networks,” Computer Communication Review, Vol.32, No.2, 2003.
-  C. V. Hollot, V. Misra, D. Towsley, and W. B. Gong, “A control theoretic analysis of RED,” IEEE INFOCOM, 2001.
-  S. H. Low, F. Paganini, J. Wang, S. Adlakha, and J. C. Doyle, “Dynamics of TCP/RED and a scalable control,” IEEE INFOCOM, 2002.
-  G. Walsh, H. Ye, and L. Bushnell, “Stability analysis of network control systems,” IEEE Control Syst. Technol., Vol.10, No.3, pp. 438-446, 2002.
-  F. Zheng and J. Nelson, “An Η∞ approach to congestion control design for AQM routers supporting TCP flows in wireless access networks,” Computer Networks, Vol.51, No.6, pp. 1684-1704, 2007.
-  A. Veres and M. Boda, “The chaotic nature of TCP congestion control,” IEEE INFOCOM, Vol.3, pp. 1715-1723, 2003.
-  P. Ranjan and E. H. Abed, “Nonlinear instabilities in TCP-RED,” IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking, Vol.12, No.6, pp. 1079-1092, 2004.
-  C. Li, G. Chen, X. Liao, and J. Yu, “Hopf bifurcation in an internet congestion control model,” Chaos Solitons Fractals, Vol.19, No.4, pp. 853-862, 2004.
-  Z. Chen and P. Yu, “Hopf bifurcation control for an internet congestion model,” Int. J. Bifur. Chaos, Vol.15, pp. 2643-2651, 2005.
-  F. Liu, H. O. Wang, and Z. H. Guan, “Hopf Bifurcation Control in the XCP for the Internet Congestion Control System,” Nonlinear Anal.: RWA., Vol.3, No.13, pp. 1466-1479, 2012.
-  F. Liu, Z. H. Guan, and H. O. Wang, “Stability and Hopf Bifurcation Analysis in a TCP Fluid Model,” Nonlinear Anal.: RWA., Vol.1, No.12, pp. 353-363, 2011.
-  F. Liu, Z. H. Guan, and H. O. Wang, “Controlling bifurcations and chaos in TCP-UDP-RED,” Nonlinear Anal.: RWA., Vol.3, No.11, pp. 1491-1501, 2010.
-  Z. Liu and K. W. Chung, “Hybrid control of bifurcation in continuous nonlinear dynamical systems,” Int. J. Bifurcation and Chaos, Vol.15, pp. 3895-3903, 2005.
-  N. Dieudonnée, “Foundations of Modern Analysis,” Academic Press, 1960.
-  K. Cooke and Z. Grossman, “Discrete delay, Distributed delay and stability switches,” J. Math. Anal. Appl., Vol.86, pp. 592-627, 1982.
-  B. D. Hassard, N. D. Kazarinoff, and Y. H. Wan, “Theory and Applications of Hopf Bifurcation” Cambridge University Press, 1981.
-  J. Hale, “Theory of Functional Differential Equations,”Spring-Verlag, 1977.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.