Objective Image Quality Assessment Based on Saliency Map
Longsheng Wei*,**, Wei Liu*,**, Xinmei Wang*, Feng Liu*, and Dapeng Luo***
*School of Automation, China University of Geosciences
Wuhan 430074, China
**Computational Intelligence & Information Processing Laboratory, China University of Geosciences
Wuhan 430074, China
***Faculty of Mechanical and Electronic Information, China University of Geosciences
Wuhan 430074, China
-  P. Zhang, W. Zhou, L. Wu, and H. Li, “SOM: Semantic Obviousness Metric for Image Quality Assessment,” IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 2394-2402, 2015.
-  A. Shamir, and O. Sorkine, “Visual media retargeting,” ACM SIGGRAPH Asia Courses, 2009.
-  Y. Fang, K. Zeng, Z. Wang, W. Lin, Z. Fang, and C. Lin, “Objective Quality Assessment for Image Retargeting Based on Structural Similarity,” IEEE J. on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 95-104, 2014.
-  L. Zhang, D. Zhang, and X. Mou, “Fsim: a feature similarity index for image quality assessment,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol.20, No.8, pp. 2378-2386, 2011.
-  S. Avidan, and A. Shamir, “Seam carving for content-aware image resizing,” ACM Trans. Graph., Vol.26, No.3, p.10, 2007.
-  Y. Pritch, E. Kav-Venaki, and S. Peleg, “Shift-map image editing,” Proc. IEEE 12th Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, pp. 151-158, 2009.
-  C. Barnes, E. Shechtman, A. Finkelstein, and D. Goldman, “Patch-Match: A randomized correspondence algorithm for structural image editing,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.28, No.3, p. 24, 2009.
-  Y. Fang, Z. Chen, W. Lin, and C. Lin, “Saliency detection in the compressed domain for adaptive image retargeting,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol.21, No.9, pp. 3888-3901, September 2012.
-  M. Rubinstein, A. Shamir, and S. Avidan, “Multi-operator media retargeting,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.28, No.3, pp. 1-11, 2009.
-  W. Dong, N. Zhou, J. C. Paul, and X. Zhang, “Optimized image resizing using seam carving and scaling,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.28, No.5, pp. 1-10, 2009.
-  Z. Wang, A. C. Bovik, H. R. Sheikh, and E. P. Simoncelli, “Image quality assessment: From error visibility to structural similarity,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol.13, No.4, pp. 600-612, 2004.
-  H. R. Sheikh, and A. C. Bovik, “Image information and visual quality,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol.15, No.2, pp. 430-444, 2006.
-  W. Xue, L. Zhang, X. Mou, and A. Bovik, “Gradient magnitude similarity deviation: A highly efficient perceptual image quality index,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 684-695, 2014.
-  D. G. Lowe, “Object recognition from local scale-invariant features,” Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, Vol.2, pp. 1150-1157, 1999.
-  C. Liu, J. Yuen, and A. Torralba, “SIFT flow: Dense correspondence across different scenes and its applications,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.33, No.5, 2011.
-  S. A. Coleman, B. W. Scotney, and S. Suganthan, “Multi-scale edge detection on range and intensity images,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.44, No.4, pp. 821-838, 2011.
-  L. Itti, C. Koch, and E. Niebur, “A model of saliency-based visual attention for rapid scene analysis,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.20, No.11, pp. 1254-1259, 1998.
-  T. M”aenp”a”a, M.Pietik”ainen, “Texture analysis with local binary patterns,” C. Chen and P. Wang (Eds.), Handbook of Pattern Recognition and Computer Vision, World Scientific, 3rd edition, pp. 197-216, 2005.
-  L. Wei and D. Luo, “A biologically inspired computational approach to model top-down and bottom-up visual attention,” Optik – Int. J. for Light and Electron Optics, Vol.126, No.5, pp. 522-529, 2015.
-  Z. Wang and Q. Li, “Information content weighting for perceptual image quality assessment,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol.20, No.5, pp. 1185-1198, 2011.
-  J. Park, K. Seshadrinathan, S. Lee, and A. C. Bovik, “VQpooling: Video quality pooling adaptive to perceptual distortion severity,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 610-620, 2013.
-  S. Castillo, T. Judd, and D.Gutierrez, “Using eye-tracking to assess different image retargeting methods,” ACM SIGGRAPH Symp. Appl. Percept. Graph. Visualizat., Toulouse, France, pp. 7-14, 2011.
-  M. Rubinstein, D. Gutierrez, O. Sorkine, and A. Shamir, “A comparative study of image retargeting,” Proc. ACM SIGGRAPH Asia, Vol.29, No.6, pp. 1-9, 2010.
-  M. G. Kendall, “A new measure of rank correlation,” Biometrika, pp. 81-93, 1938.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.