Cooperative Salvo Attack Using Guidance Law of Multiple Missiles
Jie Zeng, Lihua Dou, and Bin Xin†
School of Automation, Key Laboratory of Intelligent Control and Decision of Complex Systems, Beijing Institute of Technology
Zhong Guan Cun South Street, Haidian District, Beijing 100081, China
In this article, a guidance problem for cooperative salvo attack of multiple missiles against a single stationary target is investigated. The proposed guidance law combines the well-known PNG law and cooperative acceleration command, which is based on the feedback of state error between the current missile and the mean value of participant missiles. The state variable in this paper is used as the approximate calculation of time-to-go. The cooperative acceleration command is designed to adjust the flight path and impact time, which leads the multi-missiles to hit the common target simultaneously. During the engagement, the velocities of missiles are not changed and presetting impact time is not needed. Simulation results show the effectiveness of the proposed guidance law.
-  Y. C. Ho, A. E. Bryson Jr., and S. Baron, “Differential games and optimal pursuit-evasion strategies,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 385-389, 1965.
-  M. Guelman, “A Qualitative study of proportional navigation,” IEEE Trans. on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol.7, pp. 637-643, 1971.
-  I. S. Jeon, J. I. Lee, “Homing guidance law for cooperative attack of multiple missiles,” J. Of Guidance, Control, And Dynamics, Vol.33, No.1, pp. 275-280, 2010.
-  I. S. Jeon, J. I. Lee, and M. J. Tahk, “Impact-Time-Control guidance law for Anti-Ship missiles,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 260-266, 2006.
-  X. Sun and Y. Q. Xia, “Optmal guidance law for cooperative attack of multiple missiles based on optimal control theory,” Int. J. of Control, Vol.85, No.8, pp. 1063-1070, 2012.
-  S. Y. Zhao and R. Zhou, “Cooperative guidance for multimissile salvo attack,” Chinese J. of Aeronautics, Vol.21, No.6, pp. 533-539, 2008.
-  L. Zou, F. E. Kong, R. Zhou, and J. Wu, “Distributed adaptive cooperative guidance for multi-missile salvo attack,” J. of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 128-132, 2012.
-  X. J. Sun, R. Zhou, J. Wu, and S. D. Chen, “Distribute cooperative guidance law for multiple missiles attacking maneuver target,” J. of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Vol.39, No.10, pp. 1-5, 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.