Ground Target Tracking and Collision Avoidance for UAV Based Guidance Vector Field
Zhihong Peng and Zhimin Chen†
School of Automation, Beijing Institute of Technology
No.5 Yard, Zhong Guan Cun South Street, Haidian District, Beijing 100081, China
This paper focuses on ground-moving target tracking of an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) in the presence of static obstacles and moving threat sources. Due to a UAV is restricted by airspace restrictions and measurement limitations during flight, we derive a dynamic path planning strategy by generating guidance vector filed combined Lyapunov vector field with collision avoidance potential function to track target in standoff distance loitering pattern, and resolved collision avoidance, simultaneously. This method relies only on the current information of the UAV and target, and generates a single-step route plan in realtime. Its performance is simple, efficient, and fast and have low computational complexity. The results of numerical simulation verify the effectiveness of the tracking and collision avoidance process of the UAV.
-  H. D. Chen, K. C. Chang, and C. S. Agate, “UAV Path Planning with Tangent-Plus-Lyapunov Vector Field Guidance and Obstacle Avoidance,” IEEE Trans. on Aerospace and Electronic System, Vol.49, No.2, pp. 840-853, 2003.
-  S. Q. Zhu and D. W. Wang, “Cooperative Ground Target Tracking with Input Constraints,” 1st Int. Conf. of Control, Automation, Robotics, and Vision, Singapore, pp. 1050-1056, 2010.
-  H. Oh, S. Kim, A. Tsourdos, and B. White, “Road-Map Assisted Standoff Tracking of Moving Ground Vehicle Using Nonlinear Model Predictive Control,” American Control Conf., Montreal, Canada, pp. 4262-4268, 2012.
-  M. Ahmed and K. Subbarao, “Estimation based Cooperative Guidance Controller for 3D Target Tracking with Multiple UAVs,” America Control Conf., Montreal, Canada, pp. 6035-6040, 2012.
-  L. Wang, “Modeling and Optimization for Multi-UAVs Cooperative Target Tracking,” A thesis for degree of Doctor of Engineering, National University of Defense Technology, 2011.
-  E. W. Frew and D. A. Lawrence, “Cooperative Stand-off Tracking of Moving Targets by a Team of Autonomous Aircraft,” AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conf. and Exhibit, San Francisco, California, 2005.
-  T. H. Summers and M. R. Akella, “Coordinated Standoff Tracking of Moving Targets: Control Laws and Information Architectures,” J. of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.32, No.1, pp. 56-69, 2009.
-  L. Wang, H. Y. Zhu, and L. C. Shen, “Cooperative Ground Moving Target Standoff Tracking using UAVs,” Int. Conf. of Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE), pp. 377-382, 2010.
-  E. W. Frew, “Cooperative Stand-off Tracking of Uncertain Moving Targets using Active Robot Networks,” IEEE Int. Conf. in Robotics and Automation, Italy, pp. 3277-3282, 2007.
-  L. Wang, F. Su, H. Y. Zhu, and L. C. Shen, “Active Sensing Based Cooperative Target Tracking using UAVs in an Urban Area,” Proc. 2nd IEEE Int. Conf. on Advanced Computer Control, pp. 486-491, 2010.
-  Z. R. He and J. X. Xu, “Moving Target Tracking by UAVs in an Urban Area,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Control and Automation (ICCA), Hangzhou, China, pp. 1933-1938, 2013.
-  V. Shaferman and T. Shima, “Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Cooperative Tracking of Moving Ground Target in Urban Environments,” J. of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, Vol.31, No.5, pp. 1360-1371, 2008.
-  H. B. Sun, R. Zhou, L. Zou, and Q. X. Ding, “Distributed Cooperative Target Tracking for Heterogeneous Multi-UAV Under Communication and Measurement Constraints,” Acta Aeronautica et Astronautica Sinica, Vol.32, No.2, pp. 299-310, 2011.
-  J. Luo, “Cooperative Tracking of a Ground Target with UAVs Using Lyapunov Guidance Vector Field,” J. of Fudan University (Natural Science), Vol.51, No.4, pp. 406-414, 2012.
-  J. Luo, “Research of UAV Cooperative Tracking Ground Moving Target,” A thesis for degree of Master of Engineering, Fudan University, 2011.
-  S. H. Li and X. Y. Wang, “Finite-time Consensus and Collision Avoidance Control Algorithms for Multiple AUVs, Automatic,” Vol.49, pp. 3359-3367, 2013.
-  Z. Q. Sun and Y. Q. Xia, “Observer-Based Finite-Time Tracking Control for Formations of Mobile Robots,” 26th Chinese Control and Decision Conf., Changsha, China, pp. 3681-3686, 2014.
-  Q. d. Zhu, X. Y. Zhong, and Z. Zhang, “Dynamic Collision-avoidance Planning of Mobile Robot Based on Velocity Change Space,” Robot, Vol.31, No.6, pp.539-546, 2009.
-  X. Y. Zhong, X. F. Peng, and J. H. Zhou, “Dynamic Collision Avoidance of Mobile Robot Based on Velocity Obstacles,” Int. Conf. on Transportation, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering (TMEE), pp. 2410-2413, 2011.