Modeling of High Temperature Gas Flow 3D Distribution in BF Throat Based on the Computational Fluid Dynamics
Jian Qi An*,†, Kai Peng**, Wei Hua Cao*, and Min Wu*
*School of Automation, China University of Geosciences
No.388 Lumo Road, Wuhan 430074, China
**School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University
Changsha, Hunan 410083, China
This paper aims at building a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) model which can describe the gas flow three dimensions (3D) distribution in blast furnace (BF) throat. Firstly, the boundary conditions are obtained by rebuilding central gas flow shape in BF based on computer graphics. Secondly, the CFD model is built based on turbulent model by analyzing the features of gas flow. Finally, a method which can get the numerical solutions of the model is proposed by using CFD software ANSYS/FLUENT. The proposed model can reflect the changes of the gas flow distribution, and can help to guide the operation of furnace burdening and to ensure the BF stable and smooth production.
-  L. Wei-Guo, “Review and Look Forward of the Development of Iron Making in China Since 21st Century,” China Metallurgy, Vol.22, No.11, pp. 4-10, 2012.
- X. F. Dong, A. B. Yu, J. I. Yagi, et al., “Modelling of Multiphase Flow in a Blast Furnace: Recent Developments and Future Work,” ISIJ Int., Vol.47, No.11, pp. 1553-1570, 2007.
- M. S. Chu, X. F. Yang, F. M. Shen, et al. “Numerical Simulation of Innovative Operation of Blast Furnace Based on Multi-fluid Model,” J. of Iron and Steel Research Int., Vol.13, No.6, pp. 8-15, 2006.
- H. Nogami, M. Chu, and J. Yagi., “Multi-dimensional Transient Mathematical Simulator of Blast Furnace Process Based on Multi-fluid and Kinetic Theories,” Computers and Chemical Engineering, Vol.29, No.11, pp. 2438-2448, 2005.
- M. Chu, X. Yang, F. Shen, et al., “Numerical Simulation of Innovative Operation of Blast Furnace Based on Multi-fluid model,” J. of Iron and Steel Research, Int., Vol.13, No.6, pp. 8-15, 2006.
-  Z. Y. Zhou, H. P. Zhu, A. B. Yu, et al. “Discrete Particle Simulation of GasCsolid Flow in a Blast Furnace,” Computers and Chemical Engineering, Vol.32, No.8, pp. 1760-1772, 2008.
- D. Fu, Y. Chen, Y. Zhao, et al. “CFD Modeling of Multiphase Reacting Flow in Blast Furnace Shaft with Layered Burden,” Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 66, No. 1, pp. 298-308, 2014.
- D. Fu, C. Q. Zhou, Y. Chen, “Numerical Methods for Simulating the Reduction of Iron Ore in Blast Furnace Shaft,” J. of Thermal Science and Engineering Applications, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 1-9, 2014.
- J. Q. An, M. Wu, Y. He, et al., “Intelligent Modeling Based on Expert Evaluation and Information Fusion for Burden Surface Temperature Field of Blast Furnace,” Computers and Applied Chemistry, Vol.25, pp. 782-786, 2006.
-  J. Q. An, B. Wang, M. Wu, et al., “A measuring System for Burden Surface Temperature Field of Blast Furnace,” Proc. of the 18th IFAC World Congress, Milano, Italy, Vol.8, pp. 12102-12107, 2011.
-  Y. Wu, Y. Hu, and F. Jiang, “Design of Temperature Measurement System Based on Two-color Imaging in Adaptive Optics of CCD,” Proc. of SPIE-The Int. Society for Optical Engineering, pp. 7656-76564E, 2010.
-  C. S. Xue, W. H. Cao, M. Wu, et al., “Recognition Method for Determining Gas Flow Distribution along Blast Furnace Burden Surface,” Tsinghua Science and Technology, Vol. 48, pp. 1785-1789, 2008.
-  J. Sauvola, and M. Pietikainen, “Adaptive Document Image Binarization,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.33, No.2, pp. 225-236, 2000.
-  S. Kiranyaz, M. Ferreira, and M. Gabbouj, “Automatic Object Extraction over Multi-scale Edge Field for Multimedia Retrieval,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol.15, No.12, pp. 3759-3772, 2006.
-  J. Q. An, Y. Liu, M. Wu, et al., “Reconstruction of Gas Flow Distribution in Blast Furnace Throat,” J. of Control Theory and Application, Vol.31, No.5, pp. 624-631, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.