Location Detection of Informative Bright Region in Tunnel Scenes Using Lighting and Traffic Lane Cues
Jiajun Lu*, Fangyan Dong**, and Kaoru Hirota*
*Department of Computational Intelligence and Systems Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology
G3-49, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8502, Japan
**Education Academy of Computational Life Sciences, Tokyo Institute of Technology
J3-141, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8501, Japan
-  Y. Wang, E. K. Teoh, and D. Shen, “Lane Detection using B-snake,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Information, Intelligence, and Systems (ICIIS’99), Washington, USA, pp. 438-443, 1999.
-  Z. Kim, “Robust Lane Detection and Tracking in Challenging Scenarios,” IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 16-26, 2008.
-  C. Bahlmann, Y. Zhu, V. Ramesh, M. Pellkofer, and T. Koehler, “A System for Traffic Sign Detection, Tracking, and Recognition using Color, Shape, and Motion Information,” Proc. of IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, Las Vegas, USA, pp. 255-260, 2005.
-  A. Ruta, Y. Li, and X. Liu, “Real-time Traffic Sign Recognition from Video by Class-specific Discriminative Features,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.43, No.1, pp. 416-430, 2010.
-  P. Stone, P. Beeson, T. Meriçli, and R. Madigan, “DARPA Urban Challenge Technical Report -- Austin Robot Technology,” http://archive.darpa.mil/grandchallenge/ [Accessed April 2014]
-  P. E. Debevec and J. Malik, “Recovering High Dynamic Range Radiance Maps from Photographs,” Proc. of SIGGRAPH 97, Los Angeles, USA, pp. 369-378, 1997.
-  F. Durand and J. Dorsey, “Fast Bilateral Filtering for the Display of High-Dynamic-Range Images,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.21, No.3, pp. 257-266, 2002.
-  W. Zhang, X. An, and S. Pan, “An Improved Recursive Retinex for Rendering High Dynamic Range Photographs,” 2011 Int. Conf. on Wavelet Analysis and Pattern Recognition (ICWAPR’11), Guilin, China, pp. 121-125, 2011.
-  J. Lu, F. Dong, and K. Hirota, “Gradient-Related Non-Photorealistic Rendering for High Dynamic Range Images,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 628-636, 2013.
-  S. B. Kang, M. Uyttendaele, S. Winder, and R. Szeliski, “High Dynamic Range Video,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.22, No.3, pp. 319-325, 2003.
-  M. D. Tocci, C. Kiser, N. Tocci, and P. Sen, “A Versatile HDR Video Production System,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.30, No.4, pp. 41:1-41:10, 2011.
-  Y. Tamura and N. Mikami, “Study on Traffic Accidents on Tunnel Zone,” Yamaguchi University Faculty of Engineering Research Report, Vol.55, No.2, pp. 73-78, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  J. Matas, C. Galambos, and J. Kittler, “Robust Detection of Lines Using the Progressive Probabilistic Hough Transform,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.78, No.1, pp. 119-137, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.