Joint Spectrum Sensing and Data Transmission Optimization for Energy Efficiency in Cognitive Radio Sensor Networks: A Dynamic Cooperative Method
Yi Li, Jun Peng, Fu Jiang, Kaiyang Liu, and Xiaoyong Zhang
School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University
Changsha, Hunan 400075, China
-  A. Fehske, G. Fettweis, J. Malmodin, and G. Biczok, “The Global Footprint of Mobile Communications: The Ecological and Economic Perspective,” IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.49, No.8, pp. 55-62, 2011.
-  O. B. Akan, O. Karli, and O. Ergul, “Cognitive radio sensor networks,” IEEE Network, Vol.23, No.4, pp. 34-40, 2009.
-  G. P. Joshi, S. Y. Nam, and S. W. Kim, “Cognitive Radio Wireless Sensor Networks: Applications, Challenges and Research Trends,” Sensors, Vol.13, No.9, pp. 11196-11228, 2013.
-  E. Hossain and V. Bhargava, “Cognitive wireless communication networks,” Berlin: Springer, 2007.
-  G. Ganesan and Y. Li, “Cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio, part II: Multiuser networks,” IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, Vol.6, No.6, pp. 2214-2222, 2007.
-  I. F. Akyildiz, B. F. Lo, and R. Balakrishnan, “Cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks: A survey,” Physical Communication, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 40-62, 2011.
-  S. Maleki, A. Pandharipande, and G. Leus, “Energy-efficient distributed spectrum sensing for cognitive sensor networks,” IEEE Sensors J., Vol.11, No.3, pp. 565-573, 2011.
-  S. Maleki and G. Leus, “Censored truncated sequential spectrum sensing for cognitive radio networks,” IEEE J. on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol.31, No.3, pp. 364-378, 2013.
-  S. Maleki, G. Leus, S. Chatzinotas, and B. Ottersten, “To AND or OR: How Shall the Fusion Center Rule in Energy-Constrained Cognitive Radio Networks?” IEEE Int. Conf. on Communications (ICC), 2014.(in press)
-  M. Najimi, A. Ebrahimzadeh, S. M. H. Andargoli, and A. Fallahi, “A Novel Sensing Nodes and Decision Node Selection Method for Energy Efficiency of Cooperative Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Sensor Networks,” IEEE Sensor J., Vol.13, No.5, pp. 1610-1621, 2013.
-  X. Hao, M. H. Cheung, V. W. Wong, and V. C. Leung, “A coalition formation game for energy-efficient cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks with multiple channels,” IEEE in Global Telecommunications Conf. (GLOBECOM), pp. 1-6, 2011.
-  A. S. Zahmati, X. Fernando, and A. Grami. “A Hybrid Spectrum Sensing Method for Cognitive Sensor Networks,” Wireless Personal Communications, Vol.74, No.2, pp. 953-968, 2014.
-  A. Jain, D. Gunduz, S. R. Kulkarni, H. V. Poor, and S. Verdu, “Energy efficient lossy transmission over sensor networks with feedback,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), pp. 5558-5561, 2010.
-  A. Jain, D. Gunduz, S. R. Kulkarni, H. V. Poor, and S. Verdu, “Energy-Distortion Tradeoffs in Gaussian Joint Source-Channel Coding Problems,” IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, Vol.58, No.5, pp. 3153-3168, 2012.
-  H. Z. Zhang, Z. Y. Zhang, X. M. Chen, and R. Yin, “Energy efficient joint source and channel sensing in cognitive radio sensor networks,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Communications (ICC), pp. 1-6, 2011.
-  M. Naeem, K. Illanko, A. Karmokar, A. Anpalagan, and M. Jaseemuddin, “Energy-Efficient Cognitive Radio Sensor Networks: Parametric and Convex Transformations,” Sensors, Vol.13, No.8, pp. 11032-11050, 2013.
-  Y. Oohama, “Rate-distortion theory for Gaussian multiterminal source coding systems with several side informations at the decoder,” IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, Vol.51, No.7, pp. 2577-2593, 2005.
-  S. M. Kay, “Fundamentals of statistical signal processing: detection theory,” Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall Signal Processing Series 1998.
-  C. R. Stevenson, C. Cordeiro, E. Sofer, and G. Ghouinard, “Functional requirements for the 802.22 WRAN standard,” IEEE Tech. Rep. 802.22-05/0007r46, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.