Collision Avoidance in Multiple-Ship Situations by Distributed Local Search
Dong-Gyun Kim*, Katsutoshi Hirayama*, and Gyei-Kark Park**
*Department of Maritime Sciences, Kobe University, 5-1-1 Fukaeminami-machi, Higashinada-ku, Kobe 658-0022, Japan
**Department of Maritime Transportation Science, Mokpo Maritime University, 571 Chukkyo-dong, Mokpo City 530-729, Korea
-  International Maritime Organization, “Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, 1972 (COLREGs),” 1972.
-  R. Szlapczynski, “A unified measure of collision risk derived from the concept of a ship domain,” J. of Navigation, Vol.59, pp. 477-490, 2006.
-  R. Szlapczynski, “Determining the Optimal course Alteration Manoeuvre in a Multi-Target Encounter Situation for a Given Ship domain Model,” Annual of Navigation, Vol.12, pp. 75-85, 2007.
-  E. M. Goodwin, “A Statistical Study of Ship Domains,” J. of Navigation, Vol.28, pp. 329-341, 1975.
-  Y. Fuji and K. Tanaka, “Traffic capacity,” The J. of Navigation, Vol.24, pp. 543-552, 1971.
-  K. Hasegawa, A. Kouzuki, T. Muramatsu, H. Komine, and Y. Watabe, “Ship Auto-navigation Fuzzy Expert System (SAFES),” J. of the Society of Naval Architecture of Japan, Vol.166, 1989.
-  N. Wang, X. Meng, Q. Xu, and Z. Wang, “A Unified Analytical Framework for Ship Domains,” J. of Navigation, Vol.62, pp. 643-655, 2009.
-  S. M. Lee, K. Y. Kwon, and J. Joh, “A Fuzzy A Fuzzy Logic for Autonomous Navigation of Marine Vehicles Satisfying COLREG Guidelines,” Int. J. of Control, Automation, and Systems, Vol.2, pp. 171-181, 2004.
-  E. K. Kim, I. K. Kang, and Y. G. Kim, “Collision Risk Decision System for Collision Avoidance,” Korean Institute of Intelligent systems, Vol.11, pp. 524-527, 2001.
-  S. Russell and P. Norvig, “Artificial Intelligence A Modern Approach: Second Edition,” Pearson, pp. 137-160, 2003.
-  M. Yokoo, E. H. Durfee, T. Ishida, and K. Kuwabara, “The Distributed Constraint Satisfaction Problem: Formalization and Algorithms,” IEEE Trans. on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol.10, pp. 673-685, 1998.
-  M. Yokoo and K. Hirayama, “Distributed Breakout Algorithm for Solving Distributed Constraint,” Second Int. Conf. on Multiagent Systems, pp. 401-408, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.