Estimation of Seaweed Twist Based on Diffusion Kernels in Physical Simulation
Jun Ogawa*, Masahito Yamamoto*, and Masashi Furukawa**
*Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, Kita 14, Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0814, Japan
**Department of System and Informatics, Hokkaido Information University, 59-2 Nishi Nopporo, Ebetsu, Hokkaido 069-8585, Japan
-  T. Abbasi and S. A. Abbasi, “Biomass energy and the environmental impacts associated with its production and utilization,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.14, No.3, pp. 919-937, 2010.
-  A. Vergara-Fernández, G. Vargas, N. Alarcón, and A. Velasco, “Evaluation of marine algae as a source of biogas in a two-stage anaerobic reactor system,” Biomass and Bioenergy, Vol.32, No.4, pp. 338-344, 2008.
-  A. Demirbas and M. F. Demirbas, “Importance of algae oil as a source of biodiesel,” Energy Conversion and Management, Vol.52, No.1, pp. 163-170, 2011.
-  G. A. Jackson, “Marine biomass production through seaweed aquaculture,” Biochemical and photosynthetic aspects of energy production, pp. 31-58, 1980.
-  K. T. Bird and P. H. Benson, “Seaweed cultivation for renewable resources” Elsevier Science Ltd., 1987.
-  W. Schramm, M. D. Guiry, G. Blunden et al., “Seaweeds for waste water treatment and recycling of nutrients,” Seaweed resources in Europe: uses and potential, pp. 149-168, 1991.
-  J. Ogawa, I. Suzuki, M. Yamamoto, and M. Furukawa, “Control of water flow to avoid twining of artificial seaweed,” J. of Artificial Life and Robotics, Vol.17, No.3-4, pp. 383-387, 2013.
-  A. J. Smola and R. Kondor, “Kernels and regularization on graphs,” Learning theory and kernel machines, pp. 144-158, 2003.
-  H. Lee, Z. Tu, M. Deng, F. Sun, and T. Chen, “Diffusion kernelbased logistic regression models for protein function prediction,” Omics: a journal of integrative biology, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 40-55, 2006.
-  K. Tsuda and W. S. Noble, “Learning kernels from biological networks by maximizing entropy,” Bioinformatics, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 326-333, 2004.
-  Y. Yamanishi, J.-P. Vert, and M. Kanehisa, “Protein network inference from multiple genomic data: a supervised approach,” Bioinformatics, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 363-370, 2004.
-  T. Ito, M. Shimbo, T. Kudo, and Y. Matsumoto, “Application of kernels to link analysis,” Proc. of the eleventh ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. on Knowledge discovery in data mining, pp. 586-592, 2005.
-  D. Nitsch, J. P. Gonçalves, F. Ojeda, B. de Moor, and Y. Moreau, “Candidate gene prioritization by network analysis of differential expression using machine learning approaches,” BMC bioinformatics, Vol.11, No.1, p. 460, 2010.
-  J. Kunegis, A. Lommatzsch, and C. Bauckhage, “Alternative similarity functions for graph kernels,” 19th Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition 2008 (ICPR 2008), pp. 1-4, 2008.
-  J. Kunegis and A. Lommatzsch, “Learning spectral graph transformations for link prediction,” Proc. of the 26th Annual Int. Conf. on Machine Learning, pp. 561-568, 2009.
-  J. Kunegis, E. W. de Luca, and S. Albayrak, “The link prediction problem in bipartite networks,” Computational intelligence for knowledge-based systems design, pp. 380-389, 2010.
-  NVIDIA PhysX: http://www.nvidia.co.jp/object/physx_new_jp.html [Accessed August 19, 2014]
-  M. Müller, J. Stam, D. James, and N. Thürey, “Real time physics: class notes,” ACM SIGGRAPH 2008 classes, p. 88, 2008.
-  S. Chen and G. D. Doolen, “Lattice Boltzmann method for fluid flows,” Annual review of fluid mechanics, Vol.30, No.1, pp. 329-364, 1998.
-  R I. Kondor and J. Lafferty, “Diffusion kernels on graphs and other discrete input spaces,” ICML, Vol.2, pp. 315-322, 2002.
-  J. Kandola, J. Shawe-Taylor, and N. Cristianini, “Learning Semantic Similarity,” In NIPS 15, pp. 657-664, 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.