Foot Age Estimation System from Walking Dynamics Based on Fuzzy Logic
Takahiro Takeda*1, Yoshitada Sakai*2, Syoji Kobashi*3,*4,
Kei Kuramoto*3,*4, and Yutaka Hata*3,*4
*1Graduate School of System Design, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
*2Division of Rehabilitation Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe University, 7-5-1 Kusukino, Kobe, Hyogo 650-0017, Japan
*3Graduate School of Engineering, University of Hyogo, 2167 Shosha, Himeji, Hyogo 671-2280, Japan
*4WPI Immunology Frontier Research Center, Osaka University, 3-1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
-  Y. Ehara and S. Yamamoto, “Introduction to Clinical Gait Measurement,” 1st Ed., Ishiyaku Publications, Inc., 2008. (in Japanese)
-  D. A. Winter, “Biomechanics and motor control of human movement,” 3rd Ed.,Wiley, 2004.
-  T. Cloete and C. Scheffer, “Benchmarking of a full-body inertial motion capture system for clinical gait analysis,” Int. conf. on IEEE, Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2008, pp. 4579-4582, 2008.
-  J. Mantyjarvi, M. Lindholm, E. Vildjiounaite, S. M. Makela, and H. A. Ailisto, “Identifying users of portable devices from gait pattern with accelerometers,” Int. conf. on IEEE, Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 2005, 2, ii973-ii976, 2005.
-  A. Fukayama, M. Sawaki, H. Murase, and N. Hagita, “Age estimation from dynamic features of gait,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Pt.2, J84-D-2-7, pp. 1522-1526, 2001. (in Japanese)
-  T. Takeda, K. Kuramoto, S. Kobashi, and Y. Hata, “Fuzzy-logic is precise – Its application to biometric system –,” J. of Scientia Iranica, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 655-662, 2011.
-  T. Takeda, Y. Sakai, K. Kuramoto, S. Kobashi, T. Ishikawa, and Y. Hata, “Foot age estimation for fall-prevention using sole pressure by fuzzy logic,” Proc. of 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 769-774, 2011.
-  M. J. Hessert, M. Vyas, J. Leach, K. Hu, L. A. Lipsitz, and V. Novak, “Foot pressure distribution during walking in young and old adults,” J. of BMC Geriatr, Vol.8, No.8, 2005.
-  K. Yonekawa, T. Yonezawa, J. Nakazawa, and H. Tokuda, “FASH: detecting tiredness walking people using pressure sensors,” Proc. of MobiQuitous 2009, 1-6, 2009.
-  S. Shimada and Y. Aoyagi, “Quantitative evaluation of gait ability in elderly individuals based on foot contact area,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Pt.1, J82-D-1-7, pp. 796-799, 2004. (in Japanese)
-  K. Sudo, S. Shimada, S. Ohtsuka, and A, Tomono, “Analysis of differences in walking pattern, due to age, using a pressure sensor array,” Tec. report of IEICE, MBE96-84, 96-379, pp. 19-26, 1996.
-  J. Yamato, S. SHimada, S. Ohtsuka, and A. Tomono, “Development of gait analyzer using large area pressure sensor array,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Pt.2, Vol.J84-D-2-12, pp. 380-389, 2001. (in Japanese)
-  L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets,” J. of Information and Control, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 338-353, 1965.
-  L. A. Zadeh, “The role of fuzzy logic in the management of uncertainty in expert systems,” Fuzzy Sets and Sysems, 11-1-3, pp. 199-227, 1983.
-  R. Kruse, J. Gebhardt, and F. Kalawonn, “Foundations of fuzzy systems,” 1st Ed. John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 1994.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.