Segmented Wavelet Decomposition for Capnogram Feature Extraction in Asthma Classification
Janet Pomares Betancourt*,**, Martin Leonard Tangel*, Fei Yan*,
Marianella Otaño Diaz***, Alejandro Ernesto Portela Otaño**,
Fangyan Dong*, and Kaoru Hirota*
*Tokyo Institute of Technology, G3-49, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8502, Japan
**Central Institute of Digital Research, 202, No.1704, Siboney, Playa, Havana, Cuba
***Polyclinic “Julian Grimau” 10 de Octubre Ave., No.1004, Arroyo Naranjo, Havana, Cuba
-  B. D. Woods and R. N. Sladen, “Perioperative Considerations for the Patient with Asthma and Bronchospasm,” British Journal of Anaesthesia, Vol.103, Suppl 1, doi:10.1093/bja/aep271, 2009.
-  B. You, R. Peslin, C. Duvivier, V. D. Vu, and J. P. Grilliat, “Expiratory Capnography in Asthma: Evaluation of Various Shape Indices,” European Respiratory J., Vol.7, No.2, pp. 318-323, 1994.
-  M. Yaron, P. Padyk, M. Hutsinpiller, and Ch. B. Cairns, “Utility of the Expiratory Capnogram in the Assessment of Bronchospasm,” Annals of Emergency Medicine, Vol.28, No.4, pp. 403-407, 1996.
-  N. A. R. Nik Hisamuddin, A. Rashidi, K. S. Chew, J. Kamaruddin, Z. Idzwan, and A. H. Teo, “Correlations Between Capnografic Waveforms and Peak Flow Meter Measurement in Emergency Department Management Asthma,” Int. J. of Emergency Medicine, Vol.2, No.2, pp. 83-89, 2009.
-  T. T. Kean, A. H. Teo, and M. B. Malarvili, “Feature Extraction of Capnogram for Asthmatic Patient,” Second Int. Conf. on Computer Engineering and Applications, Vol.2, pp. 251-255, 2010.
-  A. H. Teo, K. Jaalam, R. Ahmad, C. K. Sheng, and N. A. R. Nik Hisamuddin. “The Use of End-Tidal Capnography to Monitor Non-intubated Patients Presenting with Acute Exacerbation of Asthma in the Emergency Department,” The J. of Emergency Medicine, Vol.41, No.6, pp.581-589, 2011.
-  B. Krauss et al., “Capnogram Shape in Obstructive Lung Disease,” Anesthesia & Analgesia J., Vol.100, No.3, pp. 884-888, 2005.
-  M. Kazemi and M. B. Malarvili, “Analysis of Capnogram Using Linear Predictive Coding (LPC) to Differentiate Asthmatic Conditions,” J. Tissue. Sci. Eng., Vol.2, No.5, doi:10.4172/2157-7552.1000111, 2011.
-  Asthma Prevention and Management Guideline, Japan, 2012.
-  J. Pomares, Ch. Fatichah, M. L. Tangel, F. Yan, A. J. Garcia, F.-Y. Dong, and K. Hirota, “Similarity-Based Fuzzy Classification of ECG and Capnogram Signals,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 302-310, 2013.
-  M. Vetterli and C. Herley, “Wavelets and Filter Banks: Theory and Design,” IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol.40, No.9, pp. 2207-2232, 1992.
-  I. Daubechies, “Ten Lectures on Wavelets,” CBMS-NSF Regional Conf. Series in Applied Mathematics, pp. 1-16, 1992.
-  A. E. Portela, A. Milanes, and J. Folgueras, “Design of a Transducer for Mainstream Capnograph (Diseño de un transductor para capnografo Mainstream),” IFMBE Proc. of the VIII Latin American Congress of Biomedical Engineering, Havana, Cuba, T145, ISBN: 978-959-212-531-5, 2009. (in Spanish)
-  B. Benyo, P. Somogyi, and B. Palancz, “Classification of Time Series Using Singular Values and Wavelet Subband Analysis with ANN and SVM Classifiers,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 498-503, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.