Compensation of Stribeck-Type Nonlinear Friction in Positioning Control Using Equivalent-Input-Disturbance Approach
Qi Shi*1, Liyu Ouyang*2, Jinhua She*3,
Li Xu*4, Junya Imani*3, and Yasuhiro Ohyama*3
*1Graduate School of Bionics, Computer and Media Sciences, Tokyo University of Technology, 1404-1 Katakura, Hachioji, Tokyo 192-0982, Japan
*2School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University, Yuelu Mountain, Changsha, Hunan 410083, China
*3School of Computer Science, Tokyo University of Technology, 1404-1 Katakura, Hachioji, Tokyo 192-0982, Japan
*4Department of Electronics and Information Systems, Akita Prefectural University, 84-4 Ebinokuchi, Tsuchiya, Yuri-Honjo, Akita 015-0055, Japan
A method of compensating for Stribeck-type nonlinear friction torque for a two-mass mechatronic system has been devised based on the equivalent-inputdisturbance (EID) approach. The nonlinearity in the system is treated as an input-dependent disturbance, and an EID estimator is designed that estimates it. The incorporation of the estimate into the control input compensates for the nonlinearity. Simulation results demonstrate the validity of the method and show that the compensation accuracy is closely related to the time constant of the low-pass filter.
-  B. Armstrong-Hélouvry, P. Dupont, and C. C. DeWit, “A Survey of Models, Analysis Tools and Compensation Methods for the Control of Machines with Friction,” Automatica, Vol.30, No.7, pp. 1083-1138, 1994.
-  E. J. Berger, “Friction modeling for dynamic system simulation,” Appl Mech Rev, Vol.55, No.6, pp. 535-577, 2002.
-  A. Vanossi, N. Manini, M. Urbakh, S. Zapperi, and E. Tosatti, “Modeling friction: From nanoscale to mesoscale,” Rev. Mod. Phys., Vol.85, pp. 529-552, 2013.
-  I. Virgala and M. Kelemen, “Experimental Friction Identification of a DC Motor,” Int. J. of Mechanics and Applications, Vol.3, pp. 26-30, 2013.
-  R. Dhaouadi, “Torque Control in Harmonic Drives with Nonlinear Dynamic Friction Compensation,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, pp. 388-396, 2004.
-  M. R. Popović, D. M. Gorinevsky, and A. A. Goldenberg, “High-Precision Positioning of a Mechanism With Nonlinear Friction Using a Fuzzy Logic Pulse Controller,” IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, Vol.8, pp. 151-158, 2000.
-  R.-F. Fung, Ch.-F. Han, and J.-R. Chang, “Dynamic modeling of a high-precision self-moving stage with various frictional models,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol.32, pp. 1769-1780, 2008.
-  L. Freidovich, A. Robertsson, A. Shiriaev, and R. Johansson, “LuGre-Model-Based Friction Compensation,” IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, Vol.18, pp. 194-200, 2010.
-  W.-F. Xie, “Sliding-Mode-Observer-Based Adaptive Control for Servo Actuator With Friction,” IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol.54, pp. 1517-1527, 2007.
-  D. D. Rizos and S. D. Fassois, “Friction Identification Based Upon the LuGre andMaxwell SlipModels,” IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, Vol.17, No.1, pp. 153-160, 2009.
-  J. She, M. Fang, Y. Ohyama, H. Hashimoto, and M. Wu, “Improving Disturbance-Rejection Performance Based on an Equivalent-Input-Disturbance Approach,” IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol.55, pp. 380-389, 2008.
-  K. J. Åström, and C. C. De Wit, “Revisiting the LuGre Friction Model,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, Vol.28, pp. 101-114, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.