Step Output Tracking Controller Design for Networked Control Systems
Zhong-Hua Pang*1,*2, Guo-Ping Liu*3,*4, and Donghua Zhou*1
*1Department of Automation, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
*2School of Automation Engineering, Qingdao Technological University, Qingdao 266033, China
*3School of Engineering, University of South Wales, Pontypridd CF37 1DL, United Kingdom
*4CTGT Center, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150001, China
This paper is concerned with the step output tracking controller design problem for networked discretetime linear systems. The communication constraints such as network-induced delay, packet disorder, and packet dropout are considered, which are treated as the round-trip time (RTT) delay with an upper bound. An event-driven networked predictive control scheme is proposed to actively compensate for the RTT delay, which avoids the requirement of synchronization between the controller side and the plant side. The stability of the closed-loop system and the design procedure of the observer-based controller are discussed. A numerical example is employed to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed methods.
-  R. Aragues, J. Cortes, and C. Sagues, “Distributed consensus on robot networks for dynamically merging feature-based maps,” IEEE Trans. Rob., Vol.28, No.4, pp. 840-854, Aug. 2012.
-  R. C. Luo and O. Chen, “Mobile sensor node deployment and asynchronous power management for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol.59, No.5, pp. 2377-2385, May 2012.
-  C.A. Castro, A. Alqassis, S. Smith, T. Ketterl, Y. Sun, et al., “A wireless robot for networked laparoscopy,” IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., Vol.60, No.4, pp. 930-936, Apr. 2013.
-  H. Lim, J. Park, D. Lee, and H. J. Kim, “Build your own quadrotor: Open-source projects on unmanned aerial vehicles,” IEEE Rob. Autom. Mag., Vol.19, No.3, pp. 33-45, Sep. 2012.
-  W. Heemels, A. Teel, N. van de Wouw, and D. Nešić, “Networked control systems with communication constraints: Tradeoffs between transmission intervals, delays and performance,” IEEE Trans. Autom. Control, Vol.55, No.8, pp. 781-1796, Aug. 2010.
-  L. Zhang, H. Gao, and O. Kaynak, “Network-induced constraints in networked control systems–A survey,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Inf., Vol.9, No.1, pp. 403-416, Feb. 2013.
-  J. P. Hespanha, P. Naghshtabrizi, and Y. Xu, “A survey of recent results in networked control systems,” Proc. IEEE, Vol.95, No.1, pp. 138-162, Jan. 2007.
-  R. A. Gupta and M.-Y. Chow, “Networked control system: Overview and research trends,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol.57, No.7, pp.2527-2535, Jul. 2010.
-  Y. Xia, M. Fu, and G.P. Liu, “Analysis and Synthesis of Networked Control Systems,” Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2011.
-  H. Zhang, et al., “Observer-based tracking controller design for networked predictive control systems with uncertain Markov delays,” Proc. Am. Control Conf., pp. 5682-5687, 2012.
-  H. Zhang, Y. Shi, and M. Liu, “H∞ step tracking control for networked discrete-time nonlinear systems with integral and predictive actions,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Inf., Vol.9, No.1, pp. 337-345, Feb. 2013.
-  Y. Shi, J. Huang, and B. Yu, “Robust tracking control of networked control systems: Application to a networked DC motor,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol.60, No.12, pp. 5864-5874, Dec. 2013.
-  H. Gao and T. Chen, “Networked-based H∞ output tacking control,” IEEE Trans. Autom. Contr., Vol.53, No.9, pp. 2142-2148, 2008.
-  Y.-L.Wang and G.-H. Yang, “Output tracking control for networked control systems with time delay and packet dropout,” Int. J. Control, Vol.81, No.11, pp. 1709-1719, Nov. 2008.
-  Y.-L. Wang and G.-H. Yang, “Robust H∞ model reference tracking control for networked control systems with communication constraints,” Int. J. Control Autom. Syst., Vol.7, No.6, pp. 992-1000, Dec. 2009.
-  D. Liberzon, “Switching in Systems and Control,” Birkhauser, 2003.
-  G. P. Liu, et al., “Networked predictive control of systems with random network delays in both forward and feedback channels,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol.54, No.3, pp. 1282-1297, Jun. 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.