Design of Compensator for Input Dead Zone of Actuator Nonlinearities
Weijie Chen*1,*2, Jundong Wu*3, and Jinhua She*4
*1School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University, 932 Lushan South Road, Yuelu District, Changsha 410083, China
*2Hunan Engineering Laboratory for Advanced Control and Intelligent Automation, 932 Lushan South Road, Yuelu District, Changsha 410083, China
*3School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Peking University, 45 Jia, Peking University, Haidian District, Beijing 100871, China
*4School of Computer Science, Tokyo University of Technology, 1404-1 Katakura, Hachioji, Tokyo 192-0987, Japan
This paper considers the problem of tracking a periodic signal for a plant with an input dead zone in the actuator. The nonlinearity greatly degrades control performance. To solve this problem, we incorporate an equivalent-input-disturbance (EID) compensator into a repetitive control system (RCS), resulting in a new system configuration. We combine the linear-matrixinequality technique with singular-value decomposition to analyze the stability of the system and to devise a design method. Unlike other methods, this one does not require any information about the dead zone. Simulation results demonstrate its effectiveness.
-  T. Inoue, S. Iwai, and M. Nakano, “High accuracy control of a proton synchrotron magnet power supply,” Proc. of 8th IFAC World Congress, pp. 3137-3142, 1981.
-  T. Tezuka, T. Yamashita, T. Sato, Y. Abiko, T. Kanai, and M. Sawada, “Application of a new automatic gauge control system for the tandem cold mill,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.38, No.2, pp. 553-558, 2002.
-  J. D. Alvarez, L. J. Yebra, and M. Berenguel, “Repetitive control of tabular heat exchangers,” J. of Process Control, Vol.17, No.9, pp. 689-791, 2007.
-  G. A. Ramos and R. Costa-Castello, “Power factor correction and harmonic compensation using second-order odd-harmonic repetitive control,” IET Control and Applications, Vol.6, No.11, pp. 1633-1644, 2012.
-  K. L. Zhou, D. W. Wang, B. Zhang, and Y. G. Wang, “Plug-in dual-mode-structure repetitive controller for CVCF PMW inverters,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.56, No.3, pp. 784-791, 2008.
-  D. Recker, P. Kokotovic, D. Rhode, and J. Winkelman, “Adaptive nonlinear control of systems containing a deadzone,” Proc. of the 30th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, pp. 2111-2115, 1991.
-  X. S. Wang, C. Y. Su, and H. Hong, “Robust adaptive control of a class of nonlinear systems with unknown dead-zone,” Automatica, Vol.40, No.3, pp. 407-413, 2004.
-  H. G. Han, “Adaptive controller for T-S fuzzy model with modeling error,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.15, No.7, pp. 759-766, 2011.
-  R. R. Selmic and F. L. Lewis, “Deadzone compensation in motion control systems using neural networks,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.45, No.4, pp. 602-613, 2000.
-  S. Nishikawa and J. Yoneyama, “Guaranteed cost output feedback control of fuzzy systems via LMI approach,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.14, No.6, pp. 567-573, 2010.
-  J. She, M. X. Fang, Y. Ohyama, H. Hashimoto, and M. Wu, “Improving disturbance- rejection performance based on an equivalentinput-disturbance approach,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.55, No.1, pp. 380-389, 2008.
-  J. She, X. Xin, and Y. D. Pan, “Equivalent-input-disturbance approach-analysis and application to disturbance rejection in dualstage feed drive control system,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 330-340, 2011.
-  L. Ouyang, J. She, M. Wu, and H. Hashimoto, “Compensation of unknown input dead zone using equivalent-input-disturbance approach,” Proc. of the 9th Int. Conf. on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics, pp. 605-609, 2012.
-  M. Wu, B. Xu, W. Cao, and J. She, “Aperiodic Disturbance Rejection in Repetitive-Control Systems,” IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, DOI: 10.1109/TCST.2013.2272637, 2013.
-  J. She, K. Sekiya, M.Wu, and Q. Lei, “Active structural control with input dead zone based on equivalent-input-disturbance approach,” IECON 2010 36th Annual Conf. on IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, pp. 47-52. 2010.
-  J. She, A. Zhang, X. Lai, and M. Wu, “Global stabilization of 2-DOF underactuated mechanical systems – an equivalent-inputdisturbance approach,” Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol.69, pp. 495-509, 2012.
-  S. Hara, Y. Yamamoto, T. Omata, and M. Nakano, “Repetitive control system: a new type servo system for periodic exogenous signals,” IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, Vol.33, pp. 659-668, 1988.
-  D.W. C. Ho and G. Lu, “Robust stabilization for a class of discretetime nonlinear system via output feedback: the unified LMI approach.” Int. J. of Control, Vol.76, No.7, pp. 105-115, 2003.
-  P. P. Khargonek, I. R. Petersen, and K. Zhou, “Robust stabilization of uncertain linear systems: quadratic stabilizability and H∞ control theory,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.35, No.3, pp. 356-361, 1990.