A Variable Step Size Incremental Conductance Direct MPPT Method for Stand-Alone PV Systems
Jae-Hoon Cho*1, Jin-Il Park*1, Won-Pyo Hong*2,
and Myung-Geun Chun*3,*4
*1Smart Logistics Technology Institute, Hankyong National University, 327 Chungang-ro, Anseong-si, Gyeonggi-do 456-749, Korea
*2Department of Building Science and Plant Engineering, Hanbat National University, 16-1 Dukmyung-dong, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 305-719, Korea
*3College of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Chungbuk National University, 410 Seongbong-ro, Cheongju, Chungbuk 361-763, Korea
-  V. Salas, E. Olias, A. Barrado, and A. Lazaro, “Review of the maximum power point tracking algorithms for stand-alone photovoltaic systems,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol.90, Issue 11, pp. 1555-1578, 2006.
-  A. Mellit, H. Rezzouk, A. Messai, and B. Medjahed, “PGA-based real time implementation of MPPT controller for photovoltaic systems,” Renewable Energy, Vol.36, Issue 5, pp. 1652-1661, 2011.
-  G. Li and H. A. Wang, “Novel stand-alone PV generation system based on variable step size INC MPPT and SVPWM control,” IEEE 6th Int. Power Electronics and Motion Control Conf., IEEEIPEMC’ 09, pp. 2155-2160, 2009.
-  Syafaruddin, E. Karatepe, and T. Hiyama, “Polar coordinated fuzzy controller based real-time maximum-power point control of photovoltaic system,” Renewable Energy, Vol.34, Issue 12, pp. 2597-2606, 2009.
-  A. Messai, A. Mellit, A. Guessoum, and S. A. Kalogirou, “Maximum power point tracking using a GA optimized fuzzy logic controller and its FPGA implementation,” Solar Energy, Vol.85, Issue 2, pp. 265-277, 2011.
-  A.Mellit and S. A. Kalogirou, “Artificial intelligence techniques for photovoltaic applications: a review,” Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, Vol.34, Issue 5, pp. 574-632, 2008.
-  T. Esram and P. L. Chapman, “Comparison of photovoltaic array maximum power point tracking techniques,” IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol.22, No.2, pp. 439-449, 2007.
-  A. Pandey, N. Dasgupta, and A. K. Mukerjee, “Design issues in implementing MPPT for improved tracking and dynamic performance,” in Proc. IEEE IECON 2006, pp. 4387-4391, 2006.
-  F. Liu, S. Duan, F. Liu, B. Liu, and Y. Kang, “A variable step size INCMPPT method for PV systems,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol.55, No.7, pp. 2622-2628, 2008.
-  T. Senjyu and K. Uezato, “Maximum power point tracker using fuzzy control for photovoltaic arrays,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Ind. Technol., pp. 143-147, 1994.
-  M. Uzunoglu, O. C. Onar, and M. S. Alam, “Modeling, control and simulation of a PV/FC/UC based hybrid power generation system for stand-alone application,” Renewable Energy, Vol.32, Issue 3, pp. 509-520, 2009.
-  MATLAB SimPowerSystems for use with Simulink user’s guide, version 4.1.1.http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/pdf_doc/physmod/powersys/powersys.pdf
-  M. A. S. Masoum, H. Dehbonei, and E. F. Fuchs, “Theoretical and experimental analyses of photovoltaic systems with voltage and current-based maximum power-point tracking,” IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol.17, Issue 4, pp. 514-522, 2002.
-  M. Veerachary, T. Senjyu, and K. Uezato, “Voltage-based maximum power point tracking control of PV system,” IEEE Trans. on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol.38, Issue 1, pp. 262-270, 2002.
-  Y. Sukamongkol, S. Chungpaibulpatana, and W. Ongsakul, “A simulation model for predicting the performance of a solar photovoltaic system with alternating current loads,” Renewable Energy, Vol.27, Issue 2, pp. 237-258, 2002.
-  K. H. Hussein, I. Muta, T. Hoshino, and M. Osakada, “Maximum Photovoltaic Power Tracking : an Algorithm for Rapidly Changing atmospheric Conditions,” IEE Proc.-Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol.142, pp. 59-64, 1995.
-  J. H. Cho, W. P. Hong, and M. G. Chun, “Renewable Source and Hybrid System Modeling for Smart Grid,” J. of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.24, No.12, pp. 109-121, 2010.
-  I. Houssamo, F. Locment, and M. Sechilario, “Maximum power tracking for photovoltaic power system: development and experimental comparison of two algorithms,” Renewable Energy, Vol.35, Issue 10, pp. 2381-2387, 2010.
-  F. Salem, M. S. A.Moteleb, and H. T. Dorrah, “An enhanced fuzzy-PI controller applied to the MPPT problem,” J. Sci. Eng., Vol.8, No.2, pp. 147-153, 2005.
-  L. Yang, J. Cao, and Z. Li, “Principles and implementation of maximum power point tracking in photovoltaic system,” Int. Conf. on Mechanic Automation and Control Engineering (MACE), pp. 2239-2242, 2010.
-  K. Noppadol, W. Theerayod, and S. Phaophak, “FPGA implementation of MPPT using variable step-size P&O algorithm for PV applications,” in Proc. ISCIT, pp. 212-215, 2006.
-  A. Pandey, N. Dasgupta, and A. K. Mukerjee, “Design issues in implementing MPPT for improved tracking and dynamic performance,” in Proc. IEEE IECON, pp. 4387-4391, 2006.
-  W. Xiao and W. G. Dunford, “A modified adaptive hill climbing MPPT method for photovoltaic power systems,” in Proc. IEEE PESC, pp. 1957-1963, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.