A Study on Fuzzy Control of Humanoid Soccer Robot EFuRIO for Vision Control System and Walking Movement
Indra Adji Sulistijono*, Son Kuswadi*, One Setiaji*,
Inzar Salfikar**, and Naoyuki Kubota***
*Electronics Engineering Polytechnic Institute of Surabaya (EEPIS), PENS Campus, Jalan Raya ITS Sukolilo, Surabaya 60111, Indonesia
**Politeknik Aceh, Jalan Tanggul, Pango Raya, Banda Aceh 23119, Indonesia
***Faculty of System Design, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
Instability is one of the major defects in humanoid robots. Recently, various methods on the stability and reliability of humanoid robots have been studied actively. We propose a new fuzzy-logic control scheme for vision systems that would enable a robot to search for and to kick a ball towards an opponent goal. In this paper, a stabilization algorithm is proposed using the balance condition of the robot, which is measured using accelerometer sensors during standing and walking, and turning movement are estimated from these data. From this information the robot selects the appropriate motion pattern effectively. In order to generate the appropriate reaction in various body of robot situations, a fuzzy algorithm is applied in finding the appropriate angle of the joint from the vision system. The performance of the proposed algorithm is verified by searching for a ball, walking, turning tap and ball kicking movement experiments using an 18-DOF humanoid robot, called EFuRIO.
Inzar Salfikar, and Naoyuki Kubota, “A Study on Fuzzy Control of Humanoid Soccer Robot EFuRIO for Vision Control System and Walking Movement,” J. Adv. Comput. Intell. Intell. Inform., Vol.16, No.3, pp. 444-452, 2012.
-  2009 RoboCup Soccer Humanoid League Rules and Setup Book.
-  M. Vukobratovic and B. Borovac, “Zero-Moment Point – Thirty Five Years of Its Life,” Int. J. of Humanoid Robotics, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 157-173, World Scientist Publishing Company, 2004.
-  Z. Yanjun, “Fuzzy Omnidirectional Walking Controller for the Humanoid Soccer Robot,” The 4th Workshop on Humanoid Soccer Robots, 2009.
-  J.-S. Kong, E.-H. Lee, B.-H. Lee, and J.-G. Kim, “Study on the Real-Time Walking Control of a Humanoid Robot Using Fuzzy Algorithm,” Int. J. of Control, Automation, and Systems, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 551-558, August 2008.
-  C.-C. Wong, C.-T. Cheng, K.-H. Huang, and Y.-T. Yang, “Fuzzy Control of Humanoid Robot for Obstacle Avoidance,” Int. J. of Fuzzy Systems, Vol.10, No.1, March 2008.
-  S. Kajita, F. Kanehiro, K. Kaneko, K. Fujiwara, K. Harada, K. Yokoi, and H. Hirukawa, “Biped Walking Pattern Generation by using Preview Control of Zero-Moment Point,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation Taipei, Taiwan, September 14-19, 2003.
-  T. Sugihara, “Simulated Regulator to Synthesize ZMP Manipulation and Foot Location for Autonomous Control of Biped Robots,” Proc. of 2008 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2008), Pasadena, CA, USA, May 19-23, 2008.
-  T. Sugihara, Y. Nakamura, and H. Inoue, “Realtime Humanoid Motion Generation through ZMP Manipulation based on Inverted Pendulum Control,” Proc. of the 2002 IEEE, Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Washington DC, May 2002.
-  I. A. Sulistijono, O. Setiaji, I. Salfikar, and N. Kubota, “FuzzyWalking and Turning Tap Movement for Humanoid Soccer Robot EFu-RIO,” Proc. (CD ROM) of The 2010 IEEEWorld Congress on Computational Intelligence (WCCI 2010) (FUZZ-IEEE 2010 Section), Barcelona, Spain, pp. 1755-1760, Jul. 18-23, 2010.
-  I. A. Sulistijono, S. Kuswadi, O. Setiaji, and N. Kubota, “Fuzzy Control of Vision System for Humanoid Soccer Robot EFuRIO,” Proc. (CD ROM) of the 2011 IFSA (Int. Fuzzy Systems Association) World Congress, Surabaya, Indonesia, pp. FC.203.1-6, Jun. 21-25, 2011 (in English).
-  I. A. Sulistijono, O. Setiaji, and F. Achmadi, “Report on T-HEX’s – A BipedWalking Robot for Indonesian Fire Fighting Robot Contest 2009,” EEPIS, Surabaya, 2009.
-  J. P. Ferreira, M. Crisootomo, and A. P. Coimbra, “Neuro-Fuzzy ZMP Control of a Biped Robot,” Proc. of the 6th WSEAS Int. Conf. on Simulation, Modeling and Optimization, Lisbon, Portugal, September 22-24, 2006.
-  J. Baltes, S. McGrath, and J. Anderson, “Active Balancing Using Gyroscopes for a Small Humanoid Robot,” 2nd Int. Conf. on Autonomous Robots and Agents, Palmerston North, New Zealand, December 13-15, 2004.
-  D. Turk, D. Kee, C.Myatt, and G. Wyeth, “Fuzzy Associative Memory for Humanoid Robot Joint Control,” Proc. of the 2005 Australasian Conf. on Robotics & Automation, 2005.
-  S. Kajita, F. Kanehiro, K. Kaneko, K. Yokoi, and H. Hirukawa, “The 3D Linear Inverted Pendulum Mode : A simple modeling for a biped walking pattern generation,” Proc. of the 2001 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems Maui, Hawaii, USA, Oct. 29 to Nov. 3, 2001.
-  J. Liu and M. Veloso, “Online ZMP Sampling search for Biped Walking Planning,” Proc. of Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2008 (IROS 2008), IEEE/RSJ Int., September 22-26, 2008.
-  T. Fukuda and N. Kubota, “An Intelligent Robotic System Based on A Fuzzy Approach,” Proc. of The IEEE, Vol.87, No.9, pp. 1448-1470, 1999.
-  N. Kubota and I. A. Sulistijono, “Evolutionary Robot Vision for People Tracking Based on Local Clustering,” 2008 World Automation Congress (WAC2008), Proc. (CD ROM) of the 6th Int. Forum on Multimedia and Image Processing (IFMIP2008), Hawaii, USA, Sep. 28 to Oct. 2, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.