The Effective Technology- and Resource-Management Strategy of Established Japanese Company: A Case Study of Toraya, a Traditional Japanese Confectioner
Kana Sugimoto, Takao Someya, and Shin’ya Nagasawa
Graduate School of Commerce, Waseda University, 1-6-1 Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-8050, Japan
-  T. Narusawa, “The conditions of long life companies,” The creation of soft-assets, 2002.
-  S. Nomura, “Japanese long-life companies,” NHK Enjoying to know: The person and the world, Vol.3, No.17, 2007.
-  S. Nomura, “Working for the company for 1000 years,” Kadokawa Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd., 2006.
-  I. Nonaka (Ed.), Recruit Management Solutions Co., Ltd. Organizational Behavior Research Institute, “Japanese Sustained Growing Companies-Research of Good-standing plus long life companies,” Toyo Keizai Shinposha, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  B. H. Schmitt, “The Customer Experience Management: A Revolutionary Approach to Connecting with Your Customers,” John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2003.
-  J. B. Barney, “Gaining and Sustaining Competitive Advantage: THE LOGIC OF STRATEGIC ANALYSIS,” M. Okada (Trans.), DIAMOND, Inc., 2003 (in Japanese).
-  E-okashi.net, “Statistics on Confectionery in Japan.”
http://www.eokashi.net/siryo/siryo08.html (Retrieved July 20, 2011)
-  Act on the Agriculture & Livestock Industries Corporation, Independent Administrative Agency, “The State of the Japanese Confectionery Industry as of January 2007.”http://sugar.alic.go.jp/japan/view/jv 0701b.htm (Retrieved July 20, 2011)
-  Kinzai Institute for Financial Affairs, Inc. “11th Industry-classified examination dictionary – Japanese confection and retailing industries,” Vol.1, Jan. 25, 2010.
-  Toraya Confectionery Co., Ltd,
http://www.toraya-group.co.jp/ (Retrieved July 20, 2011).
-  M. Kurokawa, An Interview conducted by K. Sugimoto et al. (May 31, 2011).
-  T. Someya and S. Nagasawa, “Building Customer Experience and Technology Management at the Traditional Company Toraya,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Kansei Engineering and Emotion Research, 2007.
-  M. Kurokawa, “Wagashi to ayunda 500-nen,” (500 years with Japanese confectionery), Shinchosha, 2005 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.