Development of Foot Gait Simulator for Presenting Environment to Each User
Tomomi Hashimoto*1, Yasuyuki Takakura*2,
Toshimitsu Hamada*3, Toshiko Akazawa*4,
and Mitsuru Yamamoto*5
*1Saitama Institute of Technology, 1690 Fusaiji, Fukaya, Saitama 369-0293, Japan
*2Saitama Medical University, 981 Kawakado, Moroyamamachi, Saitama 350-0496, Japan
*3Tsukuba Gakuin University, 3-1 Azuma, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki, 305-0031, Japan
*4Kitasato University, 1-15-1 Kitasato, Minami, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252-0373, Japan
*5Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical School, 1981 Kamoda, Kawagoe, Saitama 350-8550, Japan
-  http://www8.cao.go.jp/kourei/whitepaper/w-2009/zenbun/21pdf_index.html, April 2010.
-  Y. Okawa, “Long-term care insurance service and rehabilitation,” Chuohoki Publishing, 2009.
-  Y. Okawa, “New rehabilitation,” Kodansha Gendaishinsyo, 2007.
-  Y. Motomura, Y. Nishida, T. Yamanaka, K. Kitamura, A. Kaneko, Y. Shibata, and H. Mizoguchi, “Injury Surveillance System for Preventing Children’s Injury,” Technical report of IEICE, KBSE Vol.105, No.545, pp. 13-18, 2006.
-  I. Takeuchi and S. Egawa, “The Development of Walking Support Machine,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 385-389, 2003.
-  H. Noma, T. Miyasato, and R. Nakatsu, “Development of Locomotion Interface for Active Self Motion,” Trans. of the Virtual Reality Society of Japan, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 407-415, 1999.
-  T. Sugihara, H. Nowa, and T. Miyasato, “A Locomotion Interface GSS (Ground Surface Simulator), as a Communication Environment,” ITE Technical Report, Vol.23, No.71, pp. 55-62, 1999.
-  S. Amemiya, T. Yagi, S. Shiosaki, K. Fujita, and F. Watabe, “Development and Evaluation of Locomotion Interface using Walkingin-a-Real-Place (WARP),” Trans. of the Virtual Reality Society of Japan, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 221-228, 2001.
-  S. Honda, T. Kouno, and S. Ishibashi, “Sox Interface For The Cyber Communication System,” Technical report of IEICE Multimedia and virtual environment, Vol.99, No.723, pp. 13-18, 2000.
-  M. Iwashita, A. Toyama, N. Hashimoto, S. Hasegawa, and M. Sato, “Development of Locomotion Interface Based on Step-in-Place Movement,” The Trans. of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Part A, Vol.J87-A, No.1, pp. 87-95, 2004.
-  H. Iwata, H. Yano, and F. Nakaizumi, “Gait Master: A Versatile Locomotion Interface for Uneven Virtual Terrain,” IEEE Virtual Reality Conf. 2001 (VR 2001), pp. 131-137, 2001.
-  Y. Nakajima, H. Yano, H. Saitou, and H. Iwata, “Development of a Foot-Pad type Locomotion Interface for Gait Rehabilitation,” The JSME Symposium on Welfare Engineering 2006, pp. 220-223, 2006.
-  R. P. Darken, W. R. Cockayne, and D. Carmein, “The Omni-Directional Treadmill: A Locomotion Device for Virtual Worlds,” Proc. of the 10th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, pp. 213-221, 1997.
-  K. Mitobe, J. F. Coughlin, and N. Yoshimura, “Screening of the Risk Avoidance Abilities for Older Pedestrian in a Cyberspace,” The IEICE Trans. on information and systems (Japanese edition), Vol.J89-D, No.10, pp. 2174-2182, 2006.
-  K. Iida, Y. Okawa, H. Sekiguchi, and S. Nakamura, “Practical Walking Ability Training,” The J. of Japanese Physical Therapy Association, Vol.23 (Supplement No.2), p. 304, 1996.
-  http://www.saitekjapan.jp/product/r660.html, December 2010.
-  http://www.ac.auone-net.jp/˜jtk/, December 2010.
-  http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rfnj/, December 2010.
-  N. Kukimoto, “The movement in the virtual environment by shaking arm,” ITE Technical Report, Vol.23, No.36, pp. 11-14, 1999.
-  http://www.metaseq.net/, December, 2010.
-  http://www8.cao.go.jp/koutu/taisaku/h21kou_haku/gaiyo/genkyo/h1b1s1.html, April 2011.
-  C. Cruz-Neira, D. J. Sandin, and T. A. DeFanti, “Surround-Screen Projection-Based Virtual Reality The Design and Implementation of the CAVE, Computer graphics, The design and implementation of the CAVE,” Proc. of the 20th Annual Conf. on Computer graphics, pp. 135-142, 1993.
-  M. Hirose, S. Sato, K. Yokoyama, and K. Hirota, “Synthesis and Transmission of Realistic Sensation Using Virtual Reality Technology,” Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.33, No.7, pp. 716-722, 1997.
-  J. Shimamura, K. Yamazawa, H. Takemura, and N. Yokoya, “Construction of a Mixed Environment Using Panoramic Stereo Images and Computer Graphics Models,” Information Processing Society of Japan, Vol.42 (SIG 6(CVIM 2)), pp. 44-53, 2001.
-  N. Hashimoto, S. Hasegawa, and M. Sato, “A Development of Multi-Projection Display “D-vision”,” The J. of the Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers, Vol.58, No.3, pp. 409-417, 2004.
-  T. Masuda, H. Yano, H. Iwata, and J. Yamashita, “Development of a Gait Rehabilitation System with an Spherical Immersive Display,” The JSME Symposium on Welfare Engineering 2007, pp. 121-124, 2007.
-  M. Sakamoto and A. Tsutou, “Factors associated with the agedependent degradation of the inhibitory functions controlling the attention in healthy elderly people,” Departmental Bulletin Paper, Kobe University, Vol.23, pp. 35-43, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.