Multimodal Gesture Recognition for Mascot Robot System Based on Choquet Integral Using Camera and 3D Accelerometers Fusion
Yongkang Tang*, Hai An Vu*, Phuc Q. Le*, Daisuke Masano*,
OoHan Thet*, Chastine Fatichah*, Zhentao Liu*,
Masashi Yamaguchi*, Martin Leonard Tangel*,
Fangyan Dong*, Yoichi Yamazaki**, and Kaoru Hirota*
*Department of Computational Intelligence and Systems Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology, G3-49, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 226-8502, Japan
**Department of Electrical, Electronic & Information Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kanto Gakuin University, 1-50-1 Mutsuura-higashi, Kanazawa-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 236-8501, Japan
-  Y. Yamazaki, H. A. Vu et al., “Mascot Robot System by Integrating Eye Robot and Speech Recognition Using RT Middleware and its Casual Information Recommendation,” 3rd Int. Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Industrial Applications (ISCIIA2008), pp. 375-384, 2008.
-  H. A. Vu, Y. Yamazaki et al., “The Interrupt of Mascot Robot System Embedded in RT Middleware Based on Fuzzy Logic,” FACTA UNIVERSITATIS Series: Mechanics, Automatic Control and Robotics, Vol.7, No.1, pp. 11-28, 2009.
-  C. Shan, T. Tan et al., “Real-time Hand Tracking Using aMean Shift Embedded Particle Filter,” J. of the Pattern Recognition Society, 1958-1970, 2007.
-  E. Huber and D. Kortenkamp, “A Behavior Based Approach to Active Stereo Vision for Mobile Robots,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence J., pp. 229-243, 1998.
-  R. Douglas-Cowie, E. Tsapatsoulis et al., “Emotion Recognition in Human-Computer Interaction,” Signal Process Magazine, IEEE, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 32-80, 2001.
-  A. Vinciarelli, M. Pantic et al., “Social Signal Processing: Stateof-the-Art and Future Perspectives of an Emerging Domain,” ACM Multimedia, pp. 1061-1070, 2008.
-  Z. Othman, A. R. Yaakub et al., “Virtual Environment Navigation Using an Image based Approach,” Student Conf. on Research and Development, pp. 364-367, 2002.
-  C. Keskin and L. Akarun, “STARS: Sign Tracking and Recognition System Using Input-Output HMMs,” Patter Recognition Letters, Vol.30, pp. 1086-1095, 2009.
-  H. Kang, C. W. Lee et al., “Recognition Based Gesture Spotting in Video Games,” Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.25, pp. 1701-1714, 2004.
-  G. Caridakis, K. Karpouzis et al., “SOMM: Self Organizing Markov Map for Gesture Recognition,” Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.31, pp. 52-59, 2010.
-  V. Paquin and P. Cohen, “A Vision Based Gestural Guidance Interface for Mobile Robotic Platforms,” HCI/ECCV, LNCS, Vol.3058, pp. 39-47, 2004.
-  C. Amma, D. Gehrig et al., “Airwriting Recognition Using Wearable Motion Sensors,” Augmented Human Conf., 2010.
-  Y. Yamazaki, H. A. Vu et al., “Gesture Recognition Using Combination of Acceleration Sensor and Images for Casual Communication between Robots and Humans,” IEEE Word Congress on Computational Intelligence, Vol.18, No.23, 2010.
-  T. Murofushi and M. Sugeno, “An Interpretation of Fuzzy Measures and the Choquet Integral as an Integral with Respect to a Fuzzy Measure,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems 29, pp. 201-227, 1989.
-  T. Nakamura, K. Taki et al., “AMSS: A Similarity Measure for Time Series Data,” IEICE D, Vol.91-D-1, pp. 2579-2588, 2008.
-  Micro Stone, MVP-RF8,
-  M. H. Ko, G. West et al., “Using Dynamic Time Warping for Online Temporal Fusion in Multisensory Systems,” Information Fusion, Vol. 9, pp. 370-388, 2008.
-  Z. Liu, F. Dong et al., “Proposal of Fuzzy Atmosfield for Mood Expression of Human-Robot Communication,” Int. Symposium on Intelligent Systems (iFAN), 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.