Integrated Rule Mining Based on Fuzzy GNP and Probabilistic Classification for Intrusion Detection
Nannan Lu, Shingo Mabu, and Kotaro Hirasawa
Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems, Waseda University, 2-7 Hibikino, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 808-0135, Japan
-  A. El-Semaray, J. Edmonds, J. Gonzalez-Pino, and M. Papa, “Applying data mining of fuzzy association rules to network intrusion detection,” In Proc. of the 2006 IEEEWorkshop on Information Assurance, West Point, NY, pp. 100-107, 2006.
-  W. Lee, S. J. Hershkop, P. K. Chan, E. Eskin, W. Fan, M. Miller, S. Hershkop, and J. Zhang, “Real time data mining-based intrusion detection,” In Proc. of the DISCEX II 2001, Anaheim, Vol.1, pp. 89-100, 2001.
-  D. Parikh and T. Chen, “Data fusion and cost minimization for intrusion detection,” IEEE Trans. on Information Forensics and Security, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 381-389, 2008.
-  L. Portnoy, E. Eskin, and S. Stolfo, “Intrusion detection with unlabeled data using clustering,” In Proc. of the ACM Workshop Data Mining Applied to Security, 2001.
-  N. B. Amor, S. Benferhat, and Z. Elouedi, “Naive Bayes vs. Decision trees in intrusion detection systems,” In Proc. of the ACM Symp, Applied Computing (SAC ’04), pp. 420-424, 2004.
-  Z. Pan, S. Chen, G. Hu, and D. Zhang, “Hybrid neural network and C4.5 for misuse detection,” In Proc. of the Second Int. Conf. on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Vol.4, pp. 2463-2467, 2003.
-  D. S. Kim and J. S. Park, “Network-Based intrusion detection with support vector machines,” In Proc. of the Information Networking, Technologies for Enhanced Internet Services Int. Conf. (ICOIN ’03), pp. 747-756, 2003.
-  K. Shimada, K. Hirasawa, and J. Hu, “Genetic network programming with acquisition mechanism of association rules,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 102-111, 2006.
-  K. Hirasawa, T. Eguchi, J. Zhou, L. Yu, J. Hu, and S. Markon, “A double-deck elevator group supervisory control system using genetic network programming,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C, Vol.38, No.4, pp. 535-550, 2008.
-  Y. Chen, S. Mabu, K. Shimada, and K. Hirasawa, “Real time updating genetic network programming for adapting to the change of stock prices,” IEEJ Trans. EIS, Vol.129, No.2, pp. 344-354, 2009.
-  T. Eguchi, K. Hirasawa, J. Hu, and N. Ota, “A study of evolutionary multiagent models based on symbiosis,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part B, Vol.36, No.1, pp. 179-193, 2006.
-  S. Mabu, K. Hirasawa, and J. Hu, “A graph-based evolutionary algorithm: genetic network programming (GNP) and its extension using reinforcement learning,” Evolutionary Computation, MIT press, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 369-398, 2007.
-  S. Mabu, C. Chen, N. Lu, K. Shimada, and K. Hirasawa, “An intrusion detection model based on fuzzy class association rule mining using genetic network programming,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C, Vol.41, No.1, pp. 130-139, 2011.
-  S. Mabu, W. J. Li, N. Lu, Y. Wang, and K. Hirasawa, “Classification based on a multi-dimensional probability distribution and its application to network intrusion detection,” IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence 2010, Barclerona, Spain, 2010.
-  K. Shimada, K. Hirasawa, and J. Hu, “Class association rule mining with chi-squared test using genetic network programming,” In Proc. of the IEEE SMC 2006, Taipei, pp. 5338-5344, 2006.
-  “KDDCUP 1999 data,”
-  Z. Yu, J. J. P. Tsai, and T. Weigert, “An automatically tuning intrusion detection system,” IEEE Trans. on System, Man, And Cybernetics, Part B, Vol.37, No.2, pp. 373-384, 2007.
-  C. Thomas and N. Balakrishnan, “Improvement in intrusion detection with advances in sensor fusion,” IEEE Trans. on Information Forensics and Security, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 542-551, 2009.
-  W. Lee and S. J. Stolfo, “Data mining approaches for intrusion detection,” In Proc. of the 1998 USENIX Security Symposium, 1998.
-  Y. Gong, S. Mabu, C. Chen, Y. Wang, and K. Hirasawa, “Intrusion detection system combining misuse detection and anomaly detection using genetic network programming,” In Proc. of the SICEICASE Int. Joint Conf., pp. 3463-3467, 2009.
-  Z. Bankovic, D. Stepanovic, S. Bojanic, and O. N. Taladriz, “Improving network security using genetic algorithm approach,” J. of Computers and Electrical Engineering, Vol.33, pp. 438-451, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.