Product Innovation of Shinzaburo Hanpu and Regional Characteristic of Kyoto
Yusuke Irisawa and Shin’ya Nagasawa
Graduate School of Commerce, Waseda University, 1-6-1 Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-8050, Japan
There is a new company “Ichizawa Hanpu Kougyo” in Kyoto, which was born by their family troubles. As a result, a new brand called “Shinzaburo Hanpu” was born. Though this manufacturing company manages only a channel in Kyoto, it has gained national popularity. So, we have thought that it makes for the elaborate fabrication of this company to create the customer value with “a standing for the customer” and “a standing for manufacturing.” This study aims to analyze the essence of “Shinzaburo Hanpu” brand from the perspective of the relation between its product innovation competence and innovation, based on the viewpoint that Mr. Shinzaburo Ichizawa is the essence of manufacturing for former Ichizawa Hanpu Kougyo and Ichizawa Shinzaburo Hanpu. In “Shinzaburo Hanpu” case, we have examined the relation of the product innovation in the region of Kyoto.
-  Shinzaburo Hanpu home page, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  S. Ichizawa, “Kansei ni Uttaeru Monozukuri,” Proc. of the 8th Annual Conf. of JSKE, pp. 36-38, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  S. Nagasawa (Ed.) and Waseda Business School (T. Yamamoto, M. Yoshida, Y. Irisawa, N. Yamamoto, S. Enoki), “Creating Customer Experience that brings hot seller: Manufacturing which appeals to Kansei,” JUSE Press. Ltd., 2005. (in Japanese)
-  C. Christensen, “The Innovator’s Dilemma,” Harvard Business School Press, 2001.
-  C. Christensen and M. Raynor, “The Innovator’s Solution,” Harvard Business School Press, 2003.
-  S. Nagasawa and S. Enoki, “Hit Shouhin ni miru Product Innovation,” KOYO SHOBO Corp., 2006. (in Japanese)
-  E. Ymaguchi, “Innovation: Paradigm Disruptions and Fields of Resonance,” NTT Publishing Co., Ltd., 2006. (in Japanese)
-  K. Hinatsu and T. Imaguchi, “Kyoto Kigyo no Hikari to Kage,” Shibunkaku Co., Ltd., 2000. (in Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.