Using Hybrid MCDM Methods to Assess Fuel Cell Technology for the Next Generation of Hybrid Power Automobiles
Chi-Yo Huang*, Yi-Hsuan Hung*, and Gwo-Hshiung Tzeng**,***
*Department of Industrial Education, National Taiwan Normal University, No.162, He-ping East Road, Section 1, Taipei 106, Taiwan
**Institute of Project Management, Kainan University, No.1, Kainan Road, Luchu, Taoyuan 338, Taiwan
***Institute of Management of Technology, National Chiao Tung University, 1001, Ta-Hsueh Road, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
-  H. L. MacLeana and L. B. Laveb, “Evaluating automobile fuel/propulsion system technologies,” Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, Vol.29, No.1, pp. 1-69, 2003.
-  D. R. McCubbin and M. A. Delucchi, “The Health Costs of Motor-Vehicle-Related Air Pollution,” J. of Transport Economics and Policy, Vol.33, No.3, pp. 253-286, 1999.
-  B. D. Solomon and A. Banerjee, “A global survey of hydrogen energy research, development and policy,” Energy policy, Vol.34, No.7, pp. 781-792, 2006.
-  P. H. Rossi and H. E. Freeman, “Evaluation – a Systematic Approach,” London: Sage Publication, 1993.
-  A. D. P. Henriksen, “A technology assessment primer for management of technology,” Int. J. of Technology Management, Vol.13, No.5/6, pp. 615-638, 1997.
-  A. Drejer and J. O. Riis, “Competence development and technology: How learning and technology can be meaningfully integrated,” Technovation, Vol.19, No.10, pp. 631-644, 1999.
-  M. Torkkeli and M. Tuominen, “The contribution of technology selection to core competencies,” Int. J. of production economics, Vol.77, No.3, pp. 271-284, 2002.
-  A. L. Porter and M. J. Detampel, “Technology opportunities analysis,” Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol.49, No.3, pp. 237-255, 1995.
-  T. M. Khalil, “Management of technology: The key to competitiveness and wealth creation,” New York: Mcgraw-Hill, 2000.
-  J. Jones and D. Hunter, “Qualitative Research: Consensus methods for medical and health services research,” British Medical Journal, Vol.311, No.5, pp. 376-380, 1995.
-  N. Dalkey and O. Helmer, “An experimental application of the Delphi method to the use of experts,” Management Science, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 458-467, 1963.
-  H. A. Linstone and M. Turoff, “The Delphi Method: Techniques and Applications,” Reading, M. A.: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1975.
-  H. A. Linstone and M. Turoff, “The Delphi Method: Techniques and Applications,” London: Addison-Wesley, 1975.
-  G. H. Tzeng, C. H. Chiang, and C. W. Li, “Evaluating intertwined effects in e-learning programs: a novel hybrid MCDM model based on factor analysis and DEMATEL,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.32, No.4, pp. 1028-1044, 2007.
-  S. Hori and Y. Shimizu, “Designing methods of human interface for supervisory control systems,” Control Engineering Practice, Vol.7, No.11, pp. 1413-1419, 1999.
-  C. Y. Huang, J. Z. Shyu, and G. H. Tzeng, “Reconfiguring the innovation policy portfolios for Taiwan’s SIP Mall industry,” Technovation, Vol.27, No.12, pp. 744-765, 2007.
-  J. J. H. Liou, G. H. Tzeng, and H. C. Chang, “Airline safety measurement using a hybrid model,” Air Transport Management, Vol.13, No.4, pp. 243-249, 2007.
-  M. Tamura, H. Nagata, and K. Akazawa, “Extraction and systems analysis of factors that prevent safety and security by structural models,” in Proceedings of the 41st SICE Annual Conf., Vol.3, Osaka, Japan, pp. 1752-1759, 2002.
-  T. L. Saaty, “Decision Making with Dependence and Feedback: The Analytic Network Process,” Pittsburgh: RWS Publication, 1996.
-  T. L. Saaty, “Theory and Applications of the Analytic Network Process,” Pittsburg, PA: RWS Publications, 2005.
-  Y.-T. Lee, W.-W. Wu, and G.-H. Tzeng, “Combining the DEMATEL with the ANP and ZOGP for selecting IT projects,” Information Science, forthcoming, 2006.
-  R. W. Saaty, “The Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) for Decision Making and The Analytic Network Process (ANP) for Decision Making with Dependence and Feedback,” Pittsburgh, PA: Creative Decisions Foundation, 2003.
-  T. L. Saaty, “Decision Making With Dependence and Feedback: The Analytic Network Process,” Pittsburgh, PA: RWS Publications, 1996.
-  T. L. Saaty, “Fundamentals of the Analytic Network Process,” in Proceedings of Int. Symposium on Analytical Hierarchy Process, 1999 Japan, Kobe, 1999.
-  T. L. Saaty, “The Analytic Hierarchy Process,” New York: McGraw-Hill, 1980.
-  J.-J. Huang, G.-H. Tzeng, and C.-S. Ong, “Multidimensional data in multidimensional scaling using the analytic network process,” Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.26, No.6, pp. 755-767, 2005.
-  J. Deng, “Control Problems of Grey Systems,” Systems and Control Letters, Vol.5, No.2, pp. 288-294, 1982.
-  J. L. Deng, “Fundamental Methods of Grey Systems,” Wuhan, China: Huazhoug University of Science and Technology, 1985.
-  J. L. Deng, “Grey System Book,”Windsor: Science and Technology Information Services, 1988.
-  J. L. Deng, “Introduction of Grey Theory,” The J. of Grey System, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 1-24, 1989.
-  G. H. Tzeng and S. H. Tasur, “The Multiple Criteria Evaluation of Grey Relation Model,” The J. of Grey System, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 87-108, 1994.
-  H.-K. Chiou and G.-H. Tzeng, “Fuzzy hierarchical evaluation with Grey relation model of green engineering for industry,” Int. J. of Fuzzy System, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 466-475, 2001.
-  J. L. Deng, “Grey Forecasting and Decision,” Wuhan: Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press, 1986.
-  D. L. Mon, G. H. Tzeng, and H. C. Lu, “Grey decision making in weapon system evaluation,” J. of Chung Chen Institute of Technology, Vol.26, No.1, pp. 73-84, 1995.
-  H. S. Wu, J. L. Deng, and K. L. Wen, “Introduction to Grey Analysis,” Taiwan: Gau-Li Publication Inc., 1996 (in Chinese).
-  J. L. Deng, Grey Forecasting and Decision, Wuhan, China: Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press, 1986 (in Chinese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.