An Analysis of Group Recommendation Strategies
Shlomo Berkovsky and Jill Freyne
Tasmanian ICT Center, CSIRO, GPO Box 1538, Hobart, Tasmania 7001, Australia
-  J. Konstan, B. Miller, D. Maltz, J. Herlocker, L. Gordon, and J. Riedl, “GroupLens: applying collaborative filtering to Usenet news.” Communications of the ACM, Vol.40, No.3, pp. 77-87, 1997.
-  U. Shardanand and P. Maes, “Social information filtering: algorithms for automating ‘word of mouth,’” Int. Conf. on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 210-217, 1995.
-  Z. Huang, H. Chen, and D. Zeng, “Applying associative retrieval techniques to alleviate the sparsity problem in collaborative filtering,” Trans. on Information Systems, Vol.22, No.1, pp. 116-142, 2004.
-  A. Jameson and B. Smyth, “Recommendation to groups,” P. Brusilovsky, A. Kobsa, and W. Nejdl, eds., The Adaptive Web Methods and Strategies of Web Personalization, pp. 596-627, Springer, 2007.
-  M. Noakes and P. Clifton, “The CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Book,” Penguin, 2005.
-  S. Berkovsky, “Decentralized mediation of user models for a better personalization,” Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Web-Based Systems, pp. 404-408, 2006.
-  J. B. Schafer, J. Konstan, and J. Riedl, “Recommender systems in ecommerce,” Int. Conf. on Electronic Commerce, pp. 158-166, 1999.
-  R. D. Burke, “Hybrid recommender systems: Survey and experiments,” User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction, Vol.12, No.4, pp. 331-370, 2002.
-  J. Freyne and B. Smyth, “Cooperating search communities,” Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Web-Based Systems, pp. 101-110, 2006.
-  Z. Yu, X. Zhou, Y. Hao, and J. Gu, “Tv program recommendation for multiple viewers based on user profile merging,” User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction, Vol.16, No.1, pp. 63-82, 2006.
-  J. Masthoff, “Group modeling: Selecting a sequence of television items to suit a group of viewers,” User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 37-85, 2004.
-  M. O’Connor, D. Cosley, J. A. Konstan, and J. Riedl, “Polylens: a recommender system for groups of users,” European Conf. on Computer Supported Cooperative Work, pp. 199-218, 2001.
-  C. Senot, D. Kostadinov, M. Bouzid, J. Picault, A. Aghasaryan, and C. Bernier, “Analysis of strategies for building user group profiles,” Int. Conf. on User Modeling, Adaptivity, and Personalization, pp. 40-51, 2010.
-  P. Brusilovsky, G. Chavan, and R. Farzan, “Social adaptive navigation support for open corpus electronic textbooks,” Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Web-Based Systems, pp. 24-33, 2004.
-  S. Berkovsky, J. Freyne, and M. Coombe, “Aggregation trade offs in family based recommendations,” Australasian Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 646-655, 2009.
-  J. L. Herlocker, J. A. Konstan, L. G. Terveen, and J. T. Riedl, “Evaluating collaborative filtering recommender systems,” Trans. on Information Systems, Vol.22, No.1, pp. 5-53, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.