An Artificial Intelligence Approach to Develop a Time-Series Prediction Model of the Arc Furnace Resistance
Abu Mohammad Osman Haruni and Michael Negnevitsky
Centre of Renewable Energy and Power Systems (CREPS), University of Tasmania, Tasmania, Australia
-  ‘world steel organization,’
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_arc_furnace
-  E. A. C. Plata and H. E. Tacca, “Arc furnace modelling in ATP-EMPT,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on power system transients (IPST’05), Montreal, Canada, June 19-23, 2005.
-  A. E. Emanuel and J. A. Orr, “An improved method of simulation of the arc voltage-current characteristics,” Proc. 9th Int. Conf. on harmonics and quality of power, Orlarndo, Florida, pp. 148-150, October 1-4, 2000.
-  R. C. Dugan, “Simulation of arc furnace power system,” IEEE Trans. on industrial application, Vol.IA-16, No.6, pp. 813-818, November 1980.
-  M. Negnevitsky, “Artificial Intelligence: a guide to intelligent systems,” 2nd Edition, Addison-Wesley, Harlow, England, 2005.
-  A. R. Sadeghian and J. D. Lavers, “Application of radial basis function networks to model electric arc furnaces,” International Joint Conference on Neural Network (IJCNN ’99), Vol.6, pp. 3996-4001, July 10-16, 1999, Vol.6, Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/IJCNN.1999.830798.
-  S. Varadan, E. B. Makram, and A. Girgis, “A new time domain voltage source model for an arc furnace using EMPT,” IEEE Trans. on power delivery, Vol.11, No.3, July 1996.
-  M. A. P. Alonso and M. P. Donsion, “An improved time domain arc furnace model for harmonic analysis,” IEEE Trans. on power delivery, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 367-373, January 2004.
-  G. C. Montanari, M. Loggini, and A. Cavallini, “Arc furnace model for the study of flicker compensation in electrical networks,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol.9. No.4, pp. 2026-2033, October 1994.
-  G. C. Montanari, M. Loggini, and A. Cavallini, “Arc furnace model for the study of flicker compensation in electrical networks,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 2026-2033, October 1994.
-  T. Zheng, E. B. Makram, and A. A. Girgis, “Effect of different arc furnace models on voltage distortion,” Proc. on the 8th Int. Conf. on Harmonics And Quality of Power, Vol.2, pp. 1079-1085, 14-16 Oct. 1998.
-  H. Schau and D. Stade, “Mathematical Modeling of Three-Phase Arc Fumace,” Proc. of IEEE ICHPS VI, Bologna, pp. 422-428, Sep. 21-23, 1994.
-  E. O’Neill-Carrillo, G. T. Heydt, E. J. Kostelich, S. S. Venkata, and A. Sundaram, “Nonlinear Deterministic Modeling of Highly Varying Loads,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 537-542, April 1999.
-  G. Jang, W. Wang, G. T. Heydt, S. S. Venkata, and B. Lee, “Development of Enhanced Electric Arc Furnace Models for Transient Analysis,” Electric power component and systems, Vol.29, pp. 1061-1074, 2001.
-  O. Ozgun and A. Abur, “Flicker Study Using a Novel Arc Furnace Model,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 1158-1163, October 2002.
-  G. W. Chang, C.-I. Chen, and Y.-J. Liu, “A Neural-Network-Based Method of Modeling Electric Arc Furnace Load for Power Engineering Study,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol.25, No.1, pp. 138-146, February 2010.
-  X.-H. Liu, R. Kuai, P. Guan, X.-M. Ye, and Z.-L. Wu, “Fuzzy-PID control for arc furnace electrode regulator system based on Genetic Algorithm,” 2009 Int. Conf. on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Vol.2, pp. 683-689, July 12-15, 2009.
-  G. Ping, L. Ji-chao, and L. Xiao-he, “Direct adaptive fuzzy sliding mode control of arc furnace electrode regulator system,” Chinese Control and Decision Conf., pp. 2776-2781, June, 17-19 2009.
-  Z. Hui and X. Wang, “Prediction Model of Arc Furnace Based on Improved BP Neural Network,” Int. Conf. on Environmental Science and information Application Technology, ESIAT 2009, Vol.3, pp. 664-669, July 4-5, 2009.
-  J.-S. R. Jang, C.-T. Sun, and E. Mizutani, “Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing,” A Computational Approach to Learning and Machine Intelligent, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1993.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.