Natural Language Questions and Answers for RDF Information Resources
Chie Akita*, Motohiro Mase**, and Yasuhiko Kitamura*
*School of Science and Technology, Kwansei Gakuin University
**Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kwansei Gakuin University, 2-1 Gakuen, Sanda, Hyogo 669-1322, Japan
We propose Questions and Answers (Q&A) method responding natural language questions about RDF information resource. When a natural language question and an RDF graph are given, keywords are extracted from the question using morphological analysis and keywords are converted to key elements referencing lexica describing correspondence relationships between keywords and elements. A question subgraph containing all key elements corresponding to keywords in the question are extracted from the RDF graph and the question subgraph is searched for an answer. We evaluate performance using an RDF information resource that describes our laboratory.
-  E. Andre, T. Rist, and J. Muller, “WebPersona: A Life-Like Presentation Agent for the World-Wide Web,” Knowledge-Based Systems, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 25-36, 1998.
-  M. Kanzaki, “An Introduction to RDF/OWL for Semantic Web,” Morikita Shuppan Co., Ltd., 2005. (in Japanese)
-  C. Akita, M. Mase, and Y. Kitamura, “Natural Language Q&A Method for RDF Information Resource,” IEICE Technical Report, Vol.109, No.51, pp.7-12, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  K. Kawamoto, M. Mase, Y. Kitamura, and Y. Tijerino, “KawaWiki: Semantic Wiki Where Human and Agents Collaborate,” Proc. of the 2008 IEEE/WIC/ACM Int. Conf. on Intelligent Agent Technology Workshops, pp. 147-151, 2008.
-  G. Kasneci, F. M. Suchanek, G. Ifrim, M. Ramanath, and G Weikum, “NAGA: Searching and Ranking Knowledge,” Proc. of the 24th Int. Conf. on Data Engineering, pp. 953-962, 2008.
-  F. M. Suchanek, G. Kasneci, and G. Weikum, “Yago: A Core of Semantic Knoeledge,” Proc. of the 16th Int. World Wide Web Conf., pp. 697-706, 2007.
-  V. Lopez, M. Pasin, and E. Motta, “An Ontology-Portable Question Answering System for the Semantic Web,” AquaLog, ESWC 2005, LNCS 3532, pp. 546-562, 2005.
-  G. Kurata, N. Okazaki, and M. Ishizuka, “Question Answering System with Graph Structure from Dependency Analysis,” IPSJ SIG Notes, No.108, pp. 69-74, 2003. (in Japanese)
-  O. S. Goh, C. C. Fung, K. W. Wong, and A. Depickere, “An Embodied Conversational Agent for Intelligent Web Interacton on Pandemic Crisis Communication,” Proc. of the 2006 IEEE/WIC/ACM Int. Conf. on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology, pp. 397-400, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.