Vehicle Appearance Model for Recognition System Considering the Change of Imaging Condition
Keiji Kuwabara*, Yoshikazu Yano**, and Shigeru Okuma*
*Department of Electrical Engineering, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 464-8603, Japan
**Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Aichi Institute of Technology, 1247 Yachigusa, Yakusa-cho, Toyota, Aichi 470-0392, Japan
-  G. Lefaix, E. Marchnd, and P. Bouthemy, “Motion-based Obstacle Detection and Tracking for Car Driving Assistance,” IAPR Int. Conf., Vol.4, pp. 74-77, 2002.
-  U. Handmann, T. Kalinke, C. Tzomakas, M. Werner, and W.v. Seelen, “An image processing system for driver assistance,” Image and Vision Computing, Vol.18, No.5, pp. 367-376, 2000.
-  R. Okade, Y. Taniguchi, K. Furukawa, and K. Onoguchi, “Obstacle detection using projective invariant and vanishing lines,” IEEE Int. Conf. Computer Vision, Vol.1, pp. 330-337, 2003.
-  T. Kato, Y. Ninomiya, and I. Masaki, “Preceding Vehicle Recognition Based on Learning From Sample Images,” IEEE Transactions on, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 252-260, 2002.
-  A. Gepperth, J. Edelbrunner, and T. Büucher, “Real-time detection and classification of cars in video sequences,” Proc. of the IEEE Symposium on Intelligent Vehicles, pp. 625-631, 2005.
-  Z. Sun, G. Bebis, and R. Miller, “Monocular Precrash Vehicle Detection : Features and Classifiers,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol.15, No.7, pp. 2019-2034, 2006.
-  T. Okabe and Y. Sato, “Support Vector Machines for Object Recognition under Varying Illumination Conditions,” ACCV, 2004.
-  R. Gross and V. Brajovic, “An Image Preprocessing Algorithm for Illumination Invariant Face Recognition,” AVBPA, Springer, June 2003.
-  O. Nakayama, M. Shiohara, S. Sasaki, T. Takashima, and D. Ueno, “Robust Vehicle Detection under Poor Environmental Conditions for Rear and Side Surveillance,” IEICE Trans. Inf, Vol.E87-D, No.1, pp. 97-104, 2004.
-  R. Cucchiara and M. Piccardi, “Vehicle Detection under Day and Night Illumination,” ISCS-IIA99, pp. 789-794, 1999.
-  H. Maemoto, Y. Yano, and S. Okuma, “Parametric Vehicle Recognition Using Knowledge Acquisition System,” IEEE Int Conf, Vol.4, pp. 3982-3987, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.