Virtual Scissors in a Thin Haptic and Force Feedback Environment
Kenji Funahashi*, Daisuke Kubotani*2, Yuji Iwahori*3,
and Koji Tanida*4
*Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya, Japan
*2Rinnai Corporation, 2-26 Fukuzumi-cho, Nakagawa-ku, Nagoya, Japan
*3Chubu University, 1200 Matsumoto-cho, Kasugai, Aichi, Japan
*4Honda R&D Co., Ltd., 4630 Shimotakanezawa, Haga-machi, Tochigi, Japan
-  K. Funahashi, T. Yasuda, S. Yokoi, and J. Toriwaki, “A Model for Manipulation of Objects with Virtual Hand in 3-D Virtual Space,” Systems and Computers in Japan, Vol.30, No.11, pp. 22-32, 1999.
-  A. M. Okamura, R. J. Webster III, J. T. Nolin, K. W. Johnson, and H. Jafry, “The Haptic Scissors: Cutting in Virtual Environments,” Proc. the 2003 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, pp. 828-833, 2003.
-  K. Tanida, K. Funahashi, M. Ohmi, and M. Kusumi, “Embodiment Evaluation for Tools of Virtual Reality Technology -A Trial Evaluation by Measuring Hemodynamic Change in the Brain-,” Transactions of Virtual Reality Society of Japan, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 3-10, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  K. Funahashi, D. Kubotani, K. Tanida, and Y. Iwahori, “Pseudo Haptic Expression by Presentation Delay in Virtual Scissors System,” Proc. the 12th Virtual Reality Society of Japan Annual Conf., pp. 393-394, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  K. Funahashi, Y. Kuroda, and M. Mori, “A Study for Touchable Online Shopping System with Haptical Force Feedback,” Proc. ICAT2008, pp. 297-300, 2008.
-  A. Lecuyer, J.-M. Burkhardt, and L. Etienne, “Feeling Bumps and Holes without a Haptic Interface: the Perception of Pseudo-Haptic Textures,” Proc. ACM SIGCHI, pp. 239-246, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.