Fuzzy Inference with Schemes for Guaranteeing Convexity and Symmetricity in Consequences Based on α-Cuts
Kiyohiko Uehara*, Takumi Koyama*, and Kaoru Hirota**
* Ibaraki University, Hitachi 316-8511, Japan
** Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama 226-8502, Japan
-  Ö. Uncu and .I. B. Türkcsen, “Discrete interval type 2 fuzzy system models using uncertainty in learning parameters,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.15, No.1, pp. 90-106, Feb. 2007.
-  X.-Z. Gao and S. J. Ovaska, “Linguistic information feedforward-based dynamical fuzzy systems,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern. C, Appl. Rev., Vol.36, No.4, pp. 453-463, July 2006.
-  H.-X. Li, L. Zhang, K.-Y. Cai, and G. Chen, “An improved robust fuzzy-PID controller with optimal fuzzy reasoning,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern. B, Cybern., Vol.35, No.6, pp. 1283-1294, Dec. 2005.
-  W. Chang, J. B. Park, and Y. H. Joo, “GA-based intelligent digital redesign of fuzzy-model-based controllers,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.11, No.1, Feb. 2003.
-  F. Farbiz, M. B. Menhaj, S. A. Motamedi, and M. T. Hagan, “A new fuzzy logic filter for image enhancement,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern. B, Cybern., Vol.30, No.1, pp. 110-119, Feb. 2000.
-  S. Guillaume and B. Charnomordic, “Generating an interpretable families of fuzzy partitions from data,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.12, No.3, pp. 324-335, June 2004.
-  P. Baranyi, L. T. K'oczy, and T. D. Gedeon, “A generalized concept for fuzzy rule interpolation,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.12, No.6, pp. 820-837, Dec. 2004.
-  L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy logic = Computing with words,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.4, No.2, pp. 103-111, 1996.
-  L. A. Zadeh, “Inference in fuzzy logic via generalized constraint propagation,” Proc. 1996 26th Int. Symposium on Multi-Valued Logic (ISMVL'96), pp. 192-195, 1996.
-  A. Kaufmann, “Introduction to the theory of fuzzy subsets,” New York: Academic, Vol.1, 1975.
-  N. R. Pal and J. C. Bezdek, “Measuring Fuzzy Uncertainty,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.2, No.2, pp. 107-118, 1994.
-  R. R. Yager, “On the specificity of a possibility distribution,” Fuzzy Sets Syst., Vol.50, pp. 279-292, 1992.
-  R. R. Yager, “Measuring tranquility and anxiety in decision making: an application of fuzzy sets,” Int. J. General Systems, Vol.8, pp. 139-146, 1982.
-  K. Uehara and M. Fujise, “Multistage fuzzy inference formulated as linguistic-truth-value propagation and its learning algorithm based on back-propagating error information,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.1, No.3, pp. 205-221, Aug. 1993.
-  H. Maeda, M. Imuro, and S. Murakami, “A study on the spread of fuzziness in multi-fold multi-stage approximating reasoning – Approximate reasoning with triangular type membership function –,” Journal of Japan Society for Fuzzy Theory and Systems, Vol.7, No.1, pp. 113-130, 1995 (in Japanese).
-  M. Imuro and H. Maeda, “On the spread of fuzziness in multi-fold and multi-stage fuzzy reasoning,” in Proc. 8th Fuzzy System Symposium, Hiroshima, Japan, pp. 221-224, May 1992 (in Japanese).
-  G. Cheng and Y. Fu, “Error estimation of perturbation under CRI,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.14, No.6, pp. 709-715, Dec. 2006.
-  S. Aja-Fernández and C. Alberola-López, “Fast inference using transition matrices: An extension to nonlinear operators,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.13, No.4, pp. 478-490, Aug. 2005.
-  S. J. Chen and S. M. Chen, “Fuzzy risk analysis based on similarity measures of generalized fuzzy numbers,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.11, No.1, pp. 45-56, Feb. 2003.
-  J. Casillas, O. Cordón, M. J. del Jesus and F. Herrera, “Genetic tuning of fuzzy rule deep structures preserving interpretability and its interaction with fuzzy rule set reduction,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.13, No.1, Feb. 2005.
-  V.G. Kaburlasos, “FINs: lattice theoretic tools for improving prediction of sugar production from populations of measurements,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern. B, Cybern., Vol.34, No.2, pp. 1017-1030, April 2004.
-  V.G. Kaburlasos and A. Kehagias, “Novel fuzzy inference system (FIS) analysis and design based on lattice theory. part I: working principles,” Int. Journal of General Systems, Vol.35, No.1, pp. 45-67, Feb. 2006.
-  V.G. Kaburlasos and A. Kehagias, “Novel fuzzy inference system (FIS) analysis and design based on lattice theory,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Systems, Vol.15, No.2, pp. 243-260, April 2007.
-  V.G. Kaburlasos and S.E. Papadakis, “Granular self-organizing map (grSOM) for structure identification,” Neural Networks, Vol.19, pp. 623-643, 2006.
-  S.-Q. Fan, W.-X. Zhanga, and W. Xu, “Fuzzy inference based on fuzzy concept lattice,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.157, pp. 3177-3187, Dec. 2006.
-  Y.-Z. Zhang and H.-X. Li, “Variable weighted synthesis inference method for fuzzy reasoning and fuzzy systems,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Vol.52, pp. 305-322, 2006.
-  Z. Huang and Q. Shen, “Fuzzy interpolative reasoning via scale and move transformation,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.14, No.2, pp. 340-359, April 2006.
-  K. W. Wong, D. Tikk, T. D. Gedeon, and L. T. Kóczy, “Fuzzy rule interpolation for multidimensional input spaces with applications: A case study,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.13, No.6, pp. 809-819, Dec. 2005.
-  K. Uehara and K. Hirota, “Parallel fuzzy inference based on α-level sets and generalized means,” Int. Journal of Information Sciences, Vol.100, No.1-4, pp. 165-206, Aug. 1997.
-  L. A. Zadeh, “The concept of a linguistic truth variable and its application to approximate reasoning - I, II, III,” Informat. Sci., Vol.8, pp. 199-249, pp. 301-357, Vol.9, pp. 43-80, 1975.
-  K. Uehara, “Fuzzy inference based on a weighted average of fuzzy sets and its learning algorithm for fuzzy exemplars,” in Proc. of the Int. Joint Conf. of the Fourth IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems and the Second Int. Fuzzy Engineering Symposium, FUZZ-IEEE/IFES'95, Yokohama, Japan, Vol.IV, pp. 2253-2260, 1995.
-  K. Uehara and M. Fujise, “Fuzzy inference based on families of α-level sets,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.1, No.2, pp. 111-124, May 1993.
-  K. Uehara, E. Taguchi, T. Watahiki, and T. Miyata, “A data converter for analog/fuzzy-logic interface,” The Transactions of the Institute of Electronics and Communication Engineers, J67-C, 4, pp. 391-396, 1984 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.