Robust Guaranteed Cost Control of Uncertain Fuzzy Systems Under Sampled-Data Inputs
Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics, Aoyama Gakuin University, 5-10-1 Fuchinobe, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229-8558 Japan
A dynamical system is usually modeled as a continuous-time system, while the control input is applied at discrete instants. This is called a sampled-data control system. This paper is concerned with robust sampled-data control with guaranteed cost for uncertain fuzzy systems. The sampled-data control input is usually the zero-order hold and hence has a piecewise-continuous delay. Thus, an input delay system approach to robust sampled-data control is introduced. Sufficient robust guaranteed cost performance conditions for the closed-loop system with a sampled-data state feedback controller are given in terms of linear matrix inequalities(LMIs). Such robust conditions are derived via descriptor approach to fuzzy time-delay systems under the assumption that a sampling interval may vary but is not greater than some prescribed number. A design method of robust sampled-data guaranteed cost controller for uncertain fuzzy systems. Numerical examples are given to illustrate our sampled-data state feedback control.
-  K. Tanaka and M. Sugeno, “Stability Analysis and Design of Fuzzy Control Systems,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.45, pp. 135-156, 1992.
-  K. Tanaka and H.O. Wang, “Fuzzy Control Systems Design and Analysis: A Linear Matrix Inequality Approach,” John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2001.
-  M. Nishikawa, H. Katayama J. Yoneyama, and A. Ichikawa, “Design of Output Feedback Controllers for Sampled-Data Fuzzy Systems,” Int. Journal of Systems Science Vol.31, pp. 438-449, 2000.
-  H. Katayama and A. Ichikawa, “H∞ Control for Sampled-Data Nonlinear Systems Described by Takagi-Sugeno Fuzzy Systems,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.148, pp. 431-452, 2004.
-  K. Aström and B. Wittenmark, “Adaptive Control, Reading,” MA: Addison-Wesley, 1989.
-  E. Fridman, A. Seuret, and J. Richard, “Robust Sampled-Data Stabilization of Linear Systems: An Input Delay Approach,” Automatica, Vol.40, pp. 1441-1446, 2004.
-  H. Gao and T. Chen, “Stabilization of Nonlinear Systems under Variable Sampling: A Fuzzy Control Approach,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.15, pp. 972-983, 2007.
-  J. Yoneyama, “Sample-Data Stabilization of Fuzzy Systems with Input Delay,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, pp. 835-840, 2007.
-  J. Yoneyama, “Robust Stabilization of Fuzzy Systems under Sampled-Data Control,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 1236-1241, 2008.
-  B. Chen and X. Liu, “Fuzzy Guaranteed Cost Control for Nonlinear Systems with Time-Varying Delay,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 238-249, 2005.
-  X.P. Guan and C.L. Chen, “Delay-Dependent Guaranteed Cost Control for T-S fuzzy Systems with Time Delays,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.12, pp. 236-245, 2004.
-  E. Fridman and U. Shaked, “A Descriptor System Approach to H∞ Control of Linear Time-Delay Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol.47, pp. 253-270, 2002.
-  K. Gu, V.L. Kharitonov, and J. Chen, “Stability of Time-Delay Systems,” Birkhaüsar, Boston, 2003.
-  L. Xie, “Output Feedback H∞; Control of Systems with Parameter Uncertainty,” Int. Journal of Control, Vol.63, pp. 741-750, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.