Optimal Location of Wireless LAN Access Points Using Fuzzy ID3
Isao Hayashi*, Takashi Kobayashi*, Yoshinori Arai**,
Toshiyuki Maeda***, and Atsushi Inoue****
*Faculty of Informatics, Kansai University, 2-1-1, Ryozenji, Takatsuki, Osaka 569-1095, Japan
**Faculty of Engineering, Tokyo Polytechnic University, 1583, Iiyama, Atsugi, Kanagawa 243-0297, Japan
*** Faculty of Management Information, Hannan University, 5-4-33, Amami-higashi, Matsubara, Osaka 580-8502, Japan
**** Department of Computer Science, Eastern Washington University, CEB319F EWU, Cheney, WA 99004-2493, USA
-  S.Bradner, The Internet Standards Process, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2026.txt?number=2026, 1996.
-  T. Tone, “How Networks Work,” Nikkei BP, 2002.
-  B. O'Hara and A. Petrick, “The IEEE 802.11 Handbook,” A Designer's Companion, IEEE, 1999.
-  J. R. Quinlan, “Discovering Rules by Induction from Large Collections of Examples, in Expert Systems in the Micro Electronics Age,” Edinburgh University Press, 1979.
-  R. Weber, “Fuzzy ID3: A Class of Methods for Automatic Knowledge Acquisition,” Proc. of the 2nd Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Logic and Neural Networks, pp. 265-268, 1992.
-  C. Z. Janikow, “Fuzzy Processing in Decision Trees,” Proc. of the Int. Sympo. on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 360-367, 1993.
-  M. Umano, H. Okamoto, I. Hatono, H. Tamura, F. Kawachi, S. Umezu, and J. Kinoshita, “Fuzzy Decision Trees by Fuzzy ID3 Algorithm and Its Applications to Diagnosis System,” Proc. of Third IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.3, pp. 2113-2118, 1994.
-  H. Ichihashi, T. Shirai, K. Nagasaka, and T. Miyoshi, “Neuro-fuzzy ID3: A Method of Inducing Fuzzy Decision Trees with Linear Programming for Maximizing Entropy and an Algebraic Method for Incremental Learning,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.81, No.1, pp. 157-167, 1996.
-  C. Olaru and L. Wehenkel, “A Complete Fuzzy Decision Tree Technique,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.138, No.2, pp. 221-254, 2003.
-  I. Hayashi, “Acquisition of Fuzzy Rules Using Fuzzy ID3 with Ability of Learning for AND/OR Operators,” 1996 Australian New Zealand Conf. on Intelligent Inform. Systems, pp. 187-190, 1996.
-  B. Schweizer and A. Sklar, “Associative Functions and Abstract Semigroup,” Publ. Math. Debreccen, Vol.10, pp. 69-81, 1963.
-  D. Dubois and H. Prade, “Fuzzy Sets and Systems,” Academic Press, 1980.
-  T. Tani, M. Sakoda, and K. Tanaka, “Fuzzy Modeling by ID3 Algorithm and Its Application to Prediction of Heater Outlet Temperature,” Proc. of the First IEEE Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 923-930, 1992.
-  X. Boyen and L. Wehenkel, “Automatic Induction of Fuzzy Decision Trees and Its Application to Power System Security Assessment,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.102, No.1, pp. 3-19, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.