Generation of Character Motion by Using Reactive Motion Capture System with Force Feedback
Woong Choi*, Naoki Hashimoto**, Ross Walker*,
Kozaburo Hachimura*, and Makoto Sato**
*Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Nojihigashi, Kusatsu, Japan
**Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-Ku, Yokohama, Japan
-  D. C. Brogan, R. A. Metoyer, and J. K. Hodgins, “Dynamically simulated characters in virtual environment,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol.18, No.5, pp. 2-13, 1998.
-  D. Tolani, A. Goswami, and N. Badler, “Real-Time Inverse Kinematics Techniques for Anthropomorphic Limbs,” Graphical models, Vol.62, No.5, pp. 353-388, 2000.
-  C. Welman, “Inverse kinematics and geometric constraints for articulated figure manipulation,” Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Master’s Thesis, 1993.
-  H. Ko and N. Badler, “Animating human locomotion with inverse dynamics,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 50-59, 1996.
-  T. Molet, Z. Huang, R. Boulic, and D. Thalmann, “An Animation Interface Designed for Motion Capture,” Proc. Computer Animation’97, IEEE CS Press, pp. 77-85, 1997.
-  T. Moeslund and E. Granum, “A Survey of Computer Vision-Based Human Motion Capture,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.81, No.3, pp. 231-268, 2001.
-  M. Gleicher, “Animation from observation: Motion capture and motion editing,” ACM SIGGRAPH Computer Graphics, Vol.33, No.4, pp. 51-54, 2000.
-  W. Choi, S. Z. Jeong, N. Hasimoto, S. Hasegawa, Y. Koike, and M. Sato, “Reactive Motion Capture System Design using a Haptic Display,” The Journal of ITE, Vol.57, No.12, pp. 1727-1732, 2003.
-  Y. Cai, M. Ishi, and M. Sato, “Position Measurement Improvement on a Force Display Device Usion Tensed Strings,” IEICE TRANS. INF. SYST.,E79-D-6, pp. 792-798, 1996.
-  P. Glardon, R. Boulic, and D. Thalmann, “On-line Adapted Transition between Locomotion and Jump,” In Proc. of Computer Graphics Int. (CGI), pp. 44-50, 2005.
-  B. Le Callennec, and R. Boulic, “Interactive Motion Deformation with Prioritized Constraints,” Proc. of ACM SIGGRAPH / Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation, pp. 163-171, 2004.
-  B. R. Donald and F. Henle, “Using Haptic Vector Fields for Animation Motion Control,” PCS-TR99-353, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.