A Genetic Network Programming Based Method to Mine Generalized Association Rules with Ontology
Guangfei Yang, Kaoru Shimada, Shingo Mabu,
Kotaro Hirasawa, and Jinglu Hu
Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems, Waseda University, 2-7 Hibikino, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 808-0135, Japan
In this paper, we propose a Genetic Network Programming based method to mine equalized association rules in multi concept layers of ontology. We first introduce ontology to facilitate building the multi concept layers and propose Dynamic Threshold Approach (DTA) to equalize the different layers. We make use of an evolutionary computation method called Genetic Network Programming (GNP) to mine the rules and develop a new genetic operator to speed up searching the rule space.
-  J. Han and Y. Fu, “Discovery of Multiple-Level Association Rules from Large Database,” Proc. of the 21st Int. Conf. on Very Large Data Bases, Zurich, Switzerland, pp. 420-431, 1995.
-  R. Srikant and R. Agrawal, “Mining generalized association rules,” Proc. of 21th Int. Conf. on Very Large Data Bases, Santiago, Chile, pp. 407-419, 1995.
-  G. Yang, K. Shimada, S. Mabu, K. Hirasawa, and J. Hu, “A System for Mining Generalized Association Rules with Ontology Using Genetic Network Programming,” In The Second Int. Conf. on Innovative Computing, Information and Control, IEEE Press, Kumamoto, Japan, 2007.
-  T. R. Gruber, “Towards Principles for the Design of Ontologies Used for Knowledge Sharing,” Int. Journal of Human and Computer Studies, 43(5/6), pp. 907-928, 1995.
-  N. Guarino, “Formal Ontology in Information Systems,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Formal Ontology in Information Systems, Trento, Italy, pp. 3-15, 1998.
-  G. L. Zuniga, “Ontology: Its Transformation from Philosophy to Information Systems,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Formal Ontology in Information Systems, Ogunquit, Maine, USA, pp. 187-197, October 16-19, 2001.
-  N. F. Noy and D. L. McGuinness, “Ontology Development 101: A Guide to Creating Your First Ontology,” Stanford Knowledge Systems Laboratory Technical Report, KSL-01-05, March 2001.
-  Protege,
-  G. Yang, J. Wu, H. Guo, and G. Zhu, “An Overview of the Ontology Used for Information Retrieval,” Proc. of the Fifth Int. Symposium on Knowledge and Systems Sciences, JAIST, Ishikawa, Japan, pp. 115-120, November 10-12, 2004.
-  S. Mabu, K. Hirasawa, and J. Hu, “A Graph-Based Evolutionary Algorithm: Genetic Network Programming (GNP) and Its Extension Using Reinforcement Learning,” Evolutionary Computation, MIT Press, Vol.15, No.3, 2007.
-  K. Shimada, K. Hirasawa, and J. Hu, “Genetic Network Programming with Acquisition Mechanisms of Association Rules,” Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 102-111, 2006.
-  G. F. Yang, K. Shimada, S. Mabu, K. Hirasawa, and J. Hu, “Mining Generalized Association Rules with Ontology Using Genetic Network Programming,” Int. Journal of Knowledge and Systems Sciences, to appear.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.