Verifying the Reliability of Web Services Interactions for the Robot Communication Platform
Masahiko Narita*, Makiko Shimamura*, Sadao Yashiro*,
Kazunori Iwasa*, and Toru Yamaguchi**
*Strategy and Technology Division, Software Unit, Fujitsu Limited, 2-15-16 Shinyokohama, Kouhoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 222-0033, Japan
**Graduate School of System Design, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
As Loosely Coupled Robot Communication and the common robot service platform using Web Services gain acceptance, the multi-vendor/multi-implementation environment is becoming increasingly disseminated and interoperability increasingly critical. In contrast Reliable messaging is a key to such Web Services-based systems, but no openly available verification suite currently exists for this technology. We discuss requirements of conformance and interoperability tests for Web Services reliability, and report results of coverage tests and application-driven tests using the verification suite we developed for reliable messaging. This suite verified implementations conforming to WS-Reliability, a reliable message specification. It also proves that application-driven tests requiring neither test program installation nor probe, effectively ensure interoperability in actual application together with common robot service platform implementation.
-  M. Oya, K. Naruse, M. Narita, T. Okuno, M. Kinoshita, and Y. Kakazu, “Loose Robot Communication over the Internet,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.6, pp. 626-634, 2004.
-  M. Narita, K. Naruse, and M. Oya, “RoboLink: A Robot Collaboration Protocol based on Web Services,” ICAM04 (The fourth Int. Conf. on Advanced Mechatronics), pp. 442-448.
-  M. Narita and M. Shimamura, “RSi’s activities (Robot Services Initiative),” AROS ’05 2005 IEEE Workshop on Advanced Robotics and its Social Impacts.
-  M. Narita, M. Shimamura, and M. Oya, “Reliable Robot Communication on Web Services,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 36-43, 2006.
-  M. Narita, M. Shimamura, and M. Oya, “Reliable Protocol for Robot Communication on Web Services,” Proc. of 2005 Int. Conf. on Cyberworlds, IEEE Computer Society, pp. 210-217, November, 2005.
-  OASIS, “Web Services Reliability V1.1,” November, 2004.
-  OASIS, “Web Services Reliable Messaging Committee Drafts.”
-  “Software Diagnostics and Conformance Testing Division,” Information Technology Laboratory, NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), “ebXML Technologies.”
-  J. Durand, M. Kass, and P. Wenzel, “The ebXML Test Framework And the Challenges of B2B Testing,” XML Europe 2003, London England, May 6, 2003.
-  OASIS, “ebXML Test Framework Committee Specification Version 1.1 DRAFT.”
-  Electronic Commerce Promotion Council of Japan, “ebXML Interoperability Test Specification Part I: ebXML Messaging Service Version 1.1,” May, 2003.
-  J. D. Kindrick, J. A. Sauter, and R. S. Matthews, “Improving Conformance and Interoperability Testing,” Standard View, Vol.4, No.1, March, 1996.
-  “RM4GS (Reliable Messaging for Grid Services),” Informationtechnology Promotion Agency, Japan.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.