Effects of Initialization on Rule Extraction in Structural Learning
Hiroshi Shiratsuchi*, Hiromu Gotanda*,
Katsuhiro Inoue**, and Kousuke Kumamaru**
*School of Humanity-Oriented Science and Engineering, Kinki University, 11-6 Kayanomori, Iizuka, Fukuoka 820-8555, Japan
**Department of Systems Innovation and Informatics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 680-4 Kawazu, Iizuka, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
-  F. Rosenblatt, “Principles of Neurodynamics,” Spartan, 1961.
-  D. E. Rumelhart, J. L. McClelland, and the PDP Research Group, “Parallel Distributed Processing,” Vol.1&2, MIT Press, Cambridge, 1986.
-  P. D. Wasserman, “Neural Computing: Theory and Practice,” Coriolis Group, 1989.
-  M. Ishikawa, “Structural Learning with Forgetting,” Neural Networks, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 509-521, 1996.
-  M. Ishikawa, “Rule extraction by successive regularization,” Neural Networks, Vol.13, pp. 1171-1183, 2000.
-  H. Shiratsuchi, H. Gotanda, K. Inoue, and K. Kumamaru, “A study on initialization for bp networks,” Int. Conf. on Neural Information Processing, Vol.3, pp. 1595-1599, 1998.
-  H. Shiratsuchi, H. Gotanda, K. Inoue, and K. Kumamaru, “Studies on Effects of Initialization on Structure Formation and Generalization of Structural Learning with Forgetting,” Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.8, No.6, pp. 621-626, 2004.
-  H. Shiratsuchi, H. Gotanda, K. Inoue, and K. Kumamaru, “On Initializations of BP Networks with a Single Hidden Layer and Normalizations of Training Data,” Institute of Systems, Control and Information Engineers, Vol.15, No.10, pp. 532-538, 2002 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.