Effective Multiple Vector Quantization for Image Compression
Noritaka Shigei*, Hiromi Miyajima*, Michiharu Maeda**,
and Lixin Ma***
*Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Kagoshima University, 1-21-40 Korimoto, Kagoshima-shi 890-0065, Japan
**Fukuoka Institute of Technology, 3-30-1 Wajiro-higashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 811-0295, Japan
***University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, 516 Jungong Rd, Shanghai 200093, China
-  Y. Linde, A. Buzo, and R. M. Gray, “An Algorithm for Vector Quantizer Design,” IEEE Trans. Commun., Vol.28, pp. 84-95, 1980.
-  A. Gersho and R. M. Gray, “Vector Quantization and Signal Compression,” Kluwer, Boston, 1992.
-  T. M. Martinetz, S. G. Berkovich, and K. J. Schulten, “Neural Gas Network for Vector Quantization and Its Application to Time-Series Prediction,” IEEE Trans. Neural Networks, Vol.4, pp. 558-569, 1993.
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-Organizing Maps,” Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, New York, 1997.
-  P. C. Cosman, R. M. Gray, and M. Vetterli, “Vector Quantization of Image Subbands: A survey,” IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol.5, pp. 202-225, 1996.
-  J. Jiang, “Image Compression with Neural Networks – A Survey,” Signal Processing: Image Comm., Vol.14, pp. 737-760, 1999.
-  C. Amerijckx, J.-D. Legat, and M. Verleysen, “Image Compression Using Self-Organizing Maps,” Systems Analysis Modelling Simulation, Vol.43, pp. 1529-1543, 2003.
-  S. Momose, K. Sano, and T. Nakamura, “Fast Codebook Design for Vector Quantization on Partitioned Space,” Proc of the 2nd Int. Conf. on Information Technology for Application, pp. 205-210, 2004.
-  N. Shigei, H. Miyajima, and M. Maeda, “Numerical Evaluation of Incremental Vector Quantization Using Stochastic Relaxation,” IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, Vol.E87-A, pp. 2364-2371, 2004.
-  N. Shigei, H. Miyajima, and M. Maeda, “A Multiple Vector Quantization Approach to Image Compression,” Proc of the 1st Int. Conf. on Natural Computation, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.