Unexploded Ordnance Detection Using Region of Interest in Range Domain of Ground Penetrating Radar
Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200 Thailand
-  C. King (Ed.), “Jane’s Mine and Mine Clearance,” 2nd Ed., Biddles Ltd., 1997.
-  P. D. Gader, “Pattern Recognition for Humanitarian De-Mining,” Proc. of the 16th Int. Conf. on Pattern Recog., pp. 521-522, Quebec, Aug., 2002.
-  N. Mytreemitr, “Landmines: The Incriminate Killer,” Sarakadee Magazine, Vol.17, No.199, pp. 62-91, 2001.
-  U.S. Army Environmental Center and Naval Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technology Division, “UXO Technology Demonstration Program at Jefferson Proving Ground,” Report No.SFIM-AEC-ETCR-99051, May, 1999.
-  Thailand Mine Action Center (TMAC), Available:
-  H. Brunzell, “Detection of Shallowly Buried Objects using Impulse Radar,” IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, Vol.37, pp. 875-886, Feb., 1999.
-  C. C. Chen and L. Peters, Jr., “Buried Unexploded Ordnance Identification via Complex Natural Resonances,” IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol.45, No.11, pp. 1645-1654, Nov., 1997.
-  P. D. Gader, J. M. Keller, and B. N. Nelson, “Recognition Technology for the Detection of Buried Land Mines,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 31-43, Feb., 2001.
-  P. D. Gader, H. Frigui, B. Nelson, G. Vaillette, and J. M. Keller, “New Results in Fuzzy Set Based Detection of Landmines with GPR,” Proc. SPIE Conf. on Detection and Remediation Technologies for Mines and Minelike Targets IV., pp. 1075-1084, Orlando, FL, 1999.
-  P. D. Gader, B. Nelson, H. Frigui, G. Vaillette, and J. M. Keller, “Fuzzy Logic Detection of Landmines with Ground Penetrating Radar,” Signal Processing, Vol.80, No.6, pp. 1069-1084, June, 2000.
-  P. D. Gader, B. N. Nelson, A. K. Hocaoglu, S. Auephanwiriyakul, and M. A. Khabou, “Neural versus Heuristic Development of Choquet Fuzzy Integral Fusion Algorithms for Land Mine Detection,” Neuro-Fuzzy Pattern Recognition, World Scientific, Singapore, 2000.
-  P. D. Gader, M. Mystkowski, and Y. Zhao, “Application of Hidden Markov Models to Landmine Detection using Ground Penetrating Radar,” IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, Vol.39, pp. 1231-1244, June. 2001.
-  K. C. Ho and P. D. Gader, “Correlation Based Landmine Detection using GPR,” Proc. SPIE Conf. on Detection and Remediation Technologies for Mines and Minelike Targets V, pp. 1088-1095, Orlando, FL, April, 2000.
-  K. C. Ho and P. D. Gader, “Improved Correlation Based Algorithm for Hand-Held Landmine Detector,” Proc. SPIE Conf. on Detection and Remediation Technologies for Mines and Minelike Targets VI, pp. 483-493, Orlando, FL, 2001.
-  K. C. Ho and P. D. Gader, “A Linear Prediction Land Mine Detector Algorithm for Hand Held Ground Penetrating Radar,” IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, Vol.40, No.6, pp. 1374-1384, June, 2002.
-  R. J. Stanley, N. Theera-Umpon, P. D. Gader, S. Homanchi, and D. K. Ho, “Detecting Landmines using Weighted Density Distribution Function Features,” Proc. of the SPIE Conf. on Signal Processing, Sensor Fusion, and Target Recognition X, Vol.4380, pp. 135-141, Orlando, Apr., 2001.
-  N. Theera-Umpon, P. D. Gader, and D. K. Ho, “Region-Based Time-Domain Processing of Hand-Held GPR,” UXO Countermine Forum, New Orleans, Apr., 2001.
-  N. Theera-Umpon, “Buried Unexploded Ordnance Detection Using Energy-Based Features of Ground Penetrating Radar Signals,” Thammasat Int. J. Sc. Tech., Vol.9, No.3, pp. 64-72, July, 2004.
-  W. J. Steinway, H. A. Duvoisin III, M. S. Tomassi, J. E. Thomas, G. Betts, C. Morris, B. Kahn, P. Stern, S. Krywick, K. Johnson, K. Dennis, W. Simoneaux, and B. Blood, “Multi-Sensor Systems for Mine Detection,” Proc. IEEE Intl on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, pp. 228-233, Seattle, WA, July, 1998.
-  L. M. Collins, Y. Zhang, J. Li, H. Wang, L. Carin, S. J. Hart, S. L. Rose-Pehrsson, H. H. Nelson, and J. R. McDonald, “A Comparison of the Performance of Statistical and Fuzzy Algorithms for Unexploded Ordnance Detection,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 17-30, Feb., 2001.
-  R. J. Stanley, P. D. Gader and K. C. Ho, “Feature and Decision Level Sensor Fusion of Electromagnetic Induction and Ground Penetrating Radar Sensors for Landmine Detection with Hand-Held Units,” Information Fusion, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 215-223, 2002.
-  Battelle Company and Ohio State University ElectroScience Laboratory, JPG IV Survey Data Analysis Report.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.