Quantification of Multivariate Categorical Data Considering Typicality of Item
Chi-Hyon Oh*, Katsuhiro Honda**, and Hidetomo Ichihashi**
*Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Osaka University of Economics and Law, 6-10 Gakuonji, Yao, Osaka 581-8511, Japan
**Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka Prefecture University, 1-1 Gakuen-cho, Nakaku, Sakai, Osaka 599-8531, Japan
-  J. C. Bezdek, “Pattern Recognition with Fuzzy Objective Function Algorithms,” Plenum Press, 1981.
-  J. C. Bezdek, C. Coray, R. Gunderson, and J. Watson, “Detection and characterization of cluster substructure 2. fuzzy c-varieties and convex combinations thereof,” SIAM J. Appl. Math., Vol.40, No.2, pp. 358-372, 1981.
-  F. Höppner, F. Klawonn, R. Kruse, and T. Runkler, “Fuzzy Cluster Analysis,” John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
-  K. Honda, N. Sugiura, H. Ichihashi, and S. Araki, “Collaborative filtering using principal component analysis and fuzzy clustering,” Web Intelligence: Research and Development, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 2198, Springer, pp. 394-402, 2001.
-  K. Honda and H. Ichihashi, “Linear fuzzy clustering techniques with missing values and their application to local principal component analysis,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 183-193, 2004.
-  A. Gifi, “Nonlinear Multivariate Analysis,” Wiley, 1990.
-  J. Bond and G. Michailidis, “Homogeneity analysis in Lisp-Stat,” J. Statistical Software, Vol.1, Issue 2, 1996.
-  K. Honda, Y. Nakamura, and H. Ichihashi, “Simultaneous application of fuzzy clustering and quantification with incomplete categorical data,” J. Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.8, No.4, pp. 183-193, 2004.
-  S. Miyamoto and M. Mukaidono, “Fuzzy c-means as a regularization and maximum entropy approach,” Proc. the 7th International Fuzzy Systems Association World Congress, Vol.2, pp. 86-92, 1997.
-  T. Tsuchiya, “A quantification method for classification of variables,” Japanese J. Behaviormetrics, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 95-109, 1995 (in Japanese).
-  N. R. Pal, K. Pal, and J. C. Bezdek, “A mixed c-means clustering model,” Proc. of 1997 IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 11-21, 1997.
-  N. R. Pal, K. Pal, J. M. Keller, and J. C. Bezdek, “A possibilistic fuzzy c-means clustering algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.13, No.4, pp. 508-516, 2005.
-  R. Krishnapuram and J. M. Keller, “A possibilistic approach to clustering,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.1, pp. 98-110, 1993.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.