FzMail: Using FIS-CRM for E-mail Classification
Francisco P. Romero*, José A. Olivas*, and Pablo J. Garcés**
SMILe-ORETO Research Group (Soft Management of Internet e-Laboratory)
*Department of Information Systems and Technologies, Escuela Superior de Informática, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Paseo de la Universidad 4, 13071-Ciudad Real, Spain
**Department of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence, Universidad de Alicante, Carretera San Vicente del Raspeig s/n, 03080 - Alicante, Spain
-  D. Harrys and C. Heather, “Wordtalk releases first Internet e-mail corporate usage report; concludes e-mail abuse at epidemic levels,” 2004.
-  M. Capucciati, P. Curran, K. D. O’Brien, and A. Wagner, “Neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night: Adventures in electronic mail,” In Human Factors in Computing Systems CHI’95 Conference Proceedings, Denver, Colorado, pp. 553-557, 1995.
-  G. Pasi, “Flexible information retrieval: some research trends,” Mathware and Soft Computing 9, pp. 107-121, 2002.
-  R. Herrera-Viedma and G. Pasi, “Fuzzy approaches to access information on the Web: recent developments and research trends,” Proc. of the Third Conference of the EUSFLAT, pp. 25-31, 2003.
-  N. Turene, “Learning Semantic Classes for improving Email Classification,” Proceeding of the Text Link Conference, 2003.
-  M. Sahami et al., “A Bayesian Approach to Filtering Junk E-Mail,” in Proceedings of the AAAI Symposium, 1998.
-  S. Kiritchenko and S. Matwin, “Email Classification with Cotraining,” Proceedings of the CASCON’02 (IBM Centre for Advanced Studies Conference), Toronto, 2002.
-  T. Joachims, “Text Categorization with Support Vector Machines: Learning with Many Relevant Features,” Proceedings of the European Conference on Machine Learning, Germany, 1998.
-  G. Salton, A. Wang, and C. S. A. Yang, “Vector space model for automatic indexing,” Communications of the ACM 18, pp. 613-620, 1975.
-  G. A. Miller, “WordNet: A lexical database for English,” Communications of the ACM 11, pp. 39-41, 1995.
-  J. Gonzalo, F. Verdejo, I. Chugur, and J. Cigarran, “Indexing with WordNet synsets can improve retrieval,” Proc. of the COLING/ACL Work. on usage of WordNet in natural language processing systems, 1998.
-  A. K. Kiryakov and K. I. Simov, “Ontologically supported semantic matching” Proceedings of “NODALIDA’99: Nordic Conference on Computational Linguistics,” Trondheim, 1999.
-  J. M. Whaley, “An application of word sense disambiguation to information retrieval,” Dartmouth College Computer Science Technical Report PCS-TR99-352, 1999.
-  C. Leacock and M. Chodorow, “Combining local context and Wordnet similarity for word sense disambiguation,” In WordNet, an Electronic Lexical Database, MIT Press, Cambridge MA, pp. 285-303, 1998.
-  C. Loupy and M. El-Bèze, “Managing synonymy and polysemy in a document retrieval system using WordNet,” Proceedings of the LREC2002: Workshop on Linguistic Knowledge Acquisition and Representation, 1998.
-  G. Ramakrishnan, B. P. Prithviraj, E. Deepa et al, “Soft word disambiguation,” Second Global WordNet Conference, 2004.
-  M. Lafourcade and V. Prince, “Relative Synonymy and conceptual vectors,” Proceedings the Sixth Natural Language Processing Pacific Rim Symposium, Japan, (202), pp. 127-134, 2001.
-  D. Widyantoro and J. Yen, “Incorporating fuzzy ontology of term relations in a search engine,” Proceedings of the BISC Int. Workshop on Fuzzy Logic and the Internet, pp. 155-160, 2001.
-  S. Fernandez, “A contribution to the automatic processing of the synonymy using Prolog,” Ph.D. Thesis, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain, 2001.
-  M. F. Porter, “An Algorithm for Suffix Stripping,” Program, 14(3), pp. 130-13, 1980.
-  L. King-ip and K. Ravikumar, “A similarity-based soft clustering algorithm for documents,” Proc. of the Seventh Int. Conf. on Database Sys. for Advanced Applications, 2001.
-  J. A. Olivas, “Contribution to the experimental study of the prediction based on Fuzzy Deformable Categories,” Ph.D. Thesis, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain, 2000.
-  L. A. Zadeh, “A note on prototype set theory and fuzzy sets,” Cognition, 12, pp. 291-297, 1982.
-  F. Beil, M. Ester, and X. Xu, “Frequent Term-Based Clustering,” Proceedings of the SIGKDD’02, Edmonton, Canada, 2002.
-  Y. Yang, “An Evaluation of Statistical Approaches to Text Categorization,” Journal of Information Retrieval, Vol.1, No.1/2, pp. 67-88, 1999.
-  H. Liu and P. Singh, “Commonsense reasoning in and over natural language,” Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems (KES-2004), 2004.
-  J. A. Olivas, P. J. Garcés, and F. P. Romero, “An application of the FIS-CRM model to the FISS metasearcher: Using fuzzy synonymy and fuzzy generality for representing concepts in documents,” Int. Journal of Approximate Reasoning, 34, pp. 201-219, 2003.
-  F. P. Romero, J. A. Olivas, and P. J. Garcés, “Proposal of a Document Cluster Representation based on Fuzzy Deformable Prototypes,” In Proc. of the Joint 4th EUSFLAT & 11th LFA Conference, EUSFLAT - LFA 2005, UPC, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.