Systemic-Functional Context-Sensitive Text Generation in the Framework of Everyday Language Computing
Yusuke Takahashi* and Ichiro Kobayashi**
*Justsystem Corporation, Aoyama bldg., 1-2-3 Kita-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8640, Japan
**Dept. of Information Sciences, Faculty of Science, Ochanomizu University, 2-1-1 Ootsuka, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8610, Japan
-  I. Kobayashi and Y. Takahashi, “Text Generation Based on the Constraints of the Systemic Resource,” in J. Patrick and T. Hawker (Eds.), Proceedings of the First Computational Systemic Functional Grammar Conference (CSFG05), The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia, pp. 56-64, 2005.
-  Y. Takahashi and I. Kobayashi, “Text Generation Using Contextual Information,” Proceedings of the Conference Pacific Association for Computational Linguistics (PACLING 2005), Hino-shi, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 301-310, 2005.
-  M. A. K. Halliday and C. M. I. M. Matthiessen, “An Introduction to Functional Grammar,” Third Edition, Arnold, 2004.
-  Y. Takahashi, I. Kobayashi, M. Iwazume, N. Ito, and M. Sugeno, “The Contents and Structure of the Context Base, and Its Application,” in J. L. Vicedo, P. Martínez-Barco, R. Muñoz, and M. Saiz Noeda (Eds.), Advances in Natural Language Processing, 4th International Conference, EsTAL 2004, Alicante, Spain, October 20-22, 2004, Proceedings, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 3230, Springer-Verlag, pp. 103-114.
-  C. M. I. M. Matthiessen and J. Bateman, “Text Generation and Systemic-Functional Linguistics: Experiences from English and Japanese,” Pinter, London, 1991.
-  R. P. Fawcett, G. H. Tucker, and Y. Q. Lin, “How a systemic functional grammar works: the roles of realization in realization,” H. Horacek and M. Zock (Eds.), New Concepts in Natural Language Generation: Planning, Realization and Systems, Pinters, London and New York, pp. 114-186, 1993.
-  C. Matthiessen, L. Zeng, M. Cross, I. Kobayashi, K. Teruya, and C. Wu, “The Multex generator and its environment: application and development,” Proceeding of the 9th International Workshop on Natural Language Generation (INLG-98), Niagara-on-the-Lake, pp. 228-237, 1998.
-  D. G. Butt, M. A. K. Halliday, C. M. I. M. Matthiessen, K. Teruya, and C. Wu, “Review report on the research results of the Lab for Language-Based Intelligent Systems, BSI, RIKEN,” in Laboratory for Language-Based Intelligent Systems, 2005. Research Report, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, Wako, Saitama, Japan: pp. 112-125, 2004.
-  D. G. Butt, “Parameters of context: on establishing the similarities and differences between social processes,” presented at the 31st International Systemic Functional Congress, Kyoto, 2004.
-  R. Hasan, “Speaking with Reference to Context,” in Morsen Ghadessy (Ed.), Text and Context in Functional Linguistics, John Benjamins, Amsterdam/Philadelphia, pp. 220-329, 1999.
-  Japan Electronic Dictionary Research Institute Limited, “EDR Dictionary,” Japan Electronic Dictionary Research Institute Limited, Tokyo, Japan, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.