Natural Language-Mediated Software Agentification
Michiaki Iwazume*, Ichiro Kobayashi**, and Michio Sugeno***
*National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), 3-5 Hikaridai, Seika-cho, Soraku-gun, Kyoto 619-0289, Japan
**Faculty of Science, Ochanomizu University, Tokyo, Japan
***Faculty of Culture and Information Science, Doshisha University, Kyoto, Japan
-  FIPA: FIPA’97 Part3: Agent Software Integration Specification,
Foundation for Intelligent Physical Agents, 1997.
-  I. Kobayashi, T. Sugimoto, S. Iwashita, M. Iwazume, J. Ozawa, and M. Sugeno, “A New Communication Method Using Natural Language as a Computer Communication Protocol,” Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 215-222, 2003.
-  Julius – an Open-Source Large Vocabulary CSR Engine:
-  K. Hashida, “Intelligent Contents and Intelligent Shearing,” Proceedings of the 13th Annual Conference of JSAI, 1999.
-  M. A. K. Halliday and C. Matthiessen, “Construing Experience Through Meaning: A Language-Based Approach to Cognition (Open Linguistics Series),” Cassell Academic, 1999.
-  M. Hattori, K. Cho, A. Ohsuga, and M. Isshiki, “Context-aware agent platform in ubiquitous environments and its verification tests,” Proceedings of the First IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom2003), pp. 547-552, 2003.
-  Microsoft Agent:
-  M. Iwazume, I. Kobayashi, and M. Sugeno, “Everyday Language Computing,” Proc. of the 2001 IEEE SMC Conference, NLPKE, Session 130, 2001.
-  M. F. McTear, “Spoken Dialogue Technology: Enabling the Conversational User Interface,” ACM Computing Survey, Vol.34. No.1, pp. 90-169, March, 2002.
-  M. R. Genesereth and S. P. Ketchpcl, “Software Agents,” Commun. ACM, Vol.37, No.7, pp. 48-53, 1994.
-  N. Ito, T. Sugimoto, S. Iwashita, I. Kobayashi, and M. Sugeno, “A model of rhetorical structure analysis of Japanese instructional texts and its application to a smart help system,” In Proc. of SMC 2004, 2004.
-  N. Ito, T. Sugimoto, and M. Sugeno, “A systemic-functional approach to Japanese text understanding,” Proceedings of CICLing-2004 A. Gelbukh (Ed.) Computational Linguistics and Intelligent Text Processing (CICLing-2004). Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.2945, Springer-Verlag, pp. 26-37, 2004.
-  R. Wilensky, D. N. Chin, M. Luria, J. Martin, J. Mayfield, and D. Wu, “The Berkeley UNIX Consultant Project,” Computational Linguistics, Vol.14, No.4, pp. 35-84, 1998.
-  S. Iwashita, N. Ito, I. Kobayashi, T. Sugimoto, and M. Sugeno, “Everyday Language Help System Based on Software Manual,” 2004 IEEE International Conference on Systems Man and Cybernetics (SMC2004), pp. 3635-3640, 2004.
-  S. Takata, Y. Igarashi, N. Naoyuki, M. Enomoto, K. Mase, and R. Nakatsu, “Design of Rational Agents for Performing Speech Acts Intentionally in Multi-agent Environments,” The Transaction of the IEICE of Japan, 2001.
-  Semantic Web :
-  T. Sugimoto, N. Ito, S. Iwashita, and M. Sugeno, “Script Generation using Rhetorical Information in a Task Specification Text,” In Proc. of SMC 2004, 2004.
-  Y. Takahashi, I. Kobayashi, M. Iwazume, N. Ito, and M. Sugeno, “The contents and structure of the context base, and its application,” Proc. of 4th International Conference (EsTAL2004), pp. 103-114, 2004.
-  Y. Motomura, I. Hara, and K. Tanaka, “Cooperation among Situated Agents in Learning Intelligent Robots,” the 8th Workshop on Multi-Agent and Cooperative Computation (MACC99), 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.