MDVM System Concept, Paging Latency and Round-2 Randomized Leader Election Algorithm in SG
Susmit Bagchi*, Hafizur Rahaman**, and Purnendu Das***
*Deptt. of Information Technology, Sikkim Manipal Inst. of Technology, Majitar, Sikkim, India
**Deptt. of Information Technology, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah, India
***School of Information Technology, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah, India
-  G. Antonoiu and P. K. Srimani, “A Self-Stabilizing Leader Election Algorithm for Tree Graphs,” In the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 34(2), pp. 227-232, 1996.
-  S. Vasudevan, J. Kurose, and D. Towsley, “Design and Analysis of a Leader Election Algorithm for Mobile Ad-hoc Networks,” In the proc. of 12th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols, 2004.
-  S. Dulman et al., “Wave Leader Election Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks,” In proc. of 3rd International Symposium on Mobile Multimedia Systems and Applications, pp. 43-50, 2002.
-  S. Vasudevan, B. Decleene, I. Immerman, J. Kurose, and D. Towsley, “Leader Election Algorithms for Wireless Ad-hoc Networks,” DARPA Information Survivability Conference and Exposition, Vol.I, IEEE CS Press, 2003.
-  N. Malpani, J. Welch, and N. Vaidya, “Leader Election Algorithms for Mobile Ad-hoc Networks,” In proc. of 4th International Workshop on Discrete Algorithms and Methods for Mobile Computing and Communications, Boston, 2000.
-  I. Gupta, R. Renesse, and K. Birman, “A Probabilistically Correct Leader Election Protocol for Large Groups,” In proc. of International Symposium on Distributed Computing, Spain, 2000.
-  G. Itkis, C. Lin, and J. Simon, “Deterministic, Constant Space, Self-Stabilizing Leader Election on Uniform Rings,” In proc. of 9th International Workshop on Distributed Algorithms, Springer LNCS, 1995.
-  G. Frederickson and N. Lynch, “The Impact of Synchronous Communication on the Problem of Electing a Leader in a Ring,” 16
Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, pp. 493-503, 1984.
-  D. Ellie and P. Prakash, “Leader Election and Distributed Consensus with Quantum Resources,” Tech. Rep., McGill University, Canada, 2005.
-  G. Frederickson and N. Lynch, “Electing a Leader in a Synchronous Ring,” In the Journal of ACM, Vol.34, No.1, pp. 98-115, 1987.
-  B. Joffroy, G. Maria, and C. Johnen, “Randomized Self-Stabilizing and Space Optimal Leader Election under Arbitrary Scheduler on Rings,” Research Report No.1225, L.R.I.,
-  H. Attiya and J. Welch, “Distributed Computing: Fundamentals, Simulations and Advanced Topics,” London, UK, McGraw-Hill, 1998.
-  G. Tel, “Introduction to Distributed Algorithms,” 2nd Edition, Cambridge University Press, 2000.
-  N. Lynch, “Distributed Algorithms,” Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 1996.
-  R. Gallager et al., “A Distributed Algorithm for Minimum Weight Spanning Trees,” In ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 66-77, 1983.
-  D. Peleg, “Time Optimal Leader Election in General Networks,” In Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 96-99, 1990.
-  J. Burns, “A Formal Model for Message Passing Systems,” TR 91, Indiana University, USA, 1980.
-  D. Hirschberg et al., “Decentralized Extrema-Finding in Circular Configurations of Processors,” Communication ACM, Vol.23, No.11, pp. 627-628, 1980.
-  B. Chor and C. Dwork, “Randomization in Byzantine Agreement,” Advances in Computing Research, Vol.5, pp. 443-498, 1989.
-  S. Bagchi, “Design Architecture and Model of MDVM System,” In proc. of IFIP International Conference on Intelligence in Communication Systems, Springer-Verlag LNCS, Vol.3283, 2004.
-  M. Nadia and Y. Kin, “DesigningWireless Enterprise Applications on Mobile Devices,” ICITA 2002.
-  MOWAHS, IDI, NTNU,
-  E. Pitoura et al., “Dealing with Mobility: Issues and Research Challenges,” TR-CSD-93-070, 1993.
-  R. Badrinath et al., “Impact of Mobility on Distributed Computations,” ACM OS Review, 1993.
-  A. Black and J. Inouye, “System Support for Mobility,” ACM SIGOPS, Ireland, 1996.
-  E. W. Weisstein, “Random Number,” From Math World – A Wolfram Web Resource,
-  B. Schilit and D. Duchamp, “Adaptive Remote Paging for Mobile Computers,” TR-CUCS-004-91, Columbia University, February, 1991.
-  Y. Shigemori et al., “A proposal of a Memory Management Architecture for Mobile Computing Environment,” IEEE DEXA, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.