Mapping Wireless Access Network Traffic to Multiservice Provisioning Platform
Sandisiwe N. Ncemane*, H. Anthony Chan**, and Tope R. Karem**
*South African Broadcasting Corporation
PO Box 292028, Melville 2109, Johannesburg, South Africa
**Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Cape Town
Rondebosch 7701, Cape Town, South Africa
-  W. Yue, and D. Gutierrez, “Digital Video Transport over SONET using GFP and Virtual Concatenation,” Fujitsu Network Communications, Technical proceedings of National Fiber Optics Engineers Conference 2003, pp. 845-851, 2003.
-  ITU-T G.7041 / Y.1301, “Generic Framing Procedure (GFP),” December, 2003.
-  ITU-T G.707 / Y.1322, “Network node interface for the Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH),” December, 2003.
-  ITU-T G.7042 / Y.1305, “Link capacity adjustment scheme (LCAS) for virtual concatenated signals,” February, 2004.
-  IEEE standard 802.16a, “Air interface for fixed broadband wireless access systems, Amendment 2: Medium access control modifications and additional physical layer specifications for 2-11 GHz,” Available: http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.16a-2003.pdf
-  Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access Forum, “IEEE 802.16a Standard and WiMAX Igniting Broadband Wireless Access,” White Paper, Available: http://www.wimaxforum.org/news/downloads/ WIMAXWhitepaper.pdf [09/09/2004]
-  G. Sachs, “WiMAX and family: Threats and Opportunities,” Available: http://www.flarion.com/viewpoint/reports/gs WiMAX 090704.pdf [12/10/2004]
-  T. Smuru, “Techno-Economic Analysis of IEEE 802.16a-based Fixed Wireless Access Networks,” master thesis, Helsinki University of Technology, 2004, Available: http://netlab.hut.fi/u/tsmura/smura thesis.pdf [13/09/2004]
-  R. E. Schuh, C. Schuler, and M. Mateescu, “An Architecture for Radio –Independent Wireless Access Networks,” Proceedings of the 49th IEEE Annual International Vehicular Technology Conference, VTC’99, Houston, Texas, USA, Vol.2, pp. 1227-1231, May 16-19, 1999.
-  K. Wanichkorn, and M. Sirbu, “The Role of Fixed Wireless Access Networks in the Deployment of Broadband Services and Competition in Local Telecommunications Markets,” Available: http://itc.mit.edu/itel/docs/2002/wanichkorn sirbu.pdf [31/08/2004]
-  J. Lempiainen, and M. Manninen, “Radio Interface systems planning for GSM/GPRS/UMTS,” Kluwer Academic publishers, pp. 136-153, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.