A Speedup Algorithm for Repetition of Hypothetical Reasoning
Haruhiko Kimura*, Tadanobu Misawa**, Koji Abe***,
and Yasuhiro Ogoshi****
*Dept. of Information and System Engineering, Kanazawa University, Kakumamachi, Kanazawa 920-1192, Japan
**School of Management, Tokyo University of Science, 500 Shimokiyoku, Kuki, Saitama 346-8512, Japan
***Dept. of Information and Computer Science, Kanazawa Institute of Technology, 7-1 Ohgigaoka, Nonoichi, Ishikawa 921-8501, Japan
****Faculty of Engineering, Fukui University, 3-9-1 Bunkyo, Fukui 910-8507, Japan
-  D. Poole, R. Aleliunas, and R. Goeble, “Theorist: A Logical Reasoning System for Defaults and Diagnosis in the Knowledge Frontier,” Essays in the Knowledge Representation, Springer-Verlag, N. Y., 1987.
-  B. Selman, and H. J. Levesque, “Abductive and default reasoning,” Proc. AAAI-90, pp. 343-348, 1990.
-  T. Bylander, D. Allemang, M. C. Tanner, and J. R. Josephson, “The computational complexity of abduction,” Artif. Intell., Vol.49, pp. 25-60, 1991.
-  T. Either, and G. Gottlob, “The complexity of logic-based abduction,” Journal of the Association for Computing Machinary, Vol.42, No.1-2, pp. 3-42, 1995.
-  E. Santos Jr., and E. S. Santos, “Polynomial solvability of costbased abduction,” Artif. Intell., Vol.86, pp. 157-170, 1996.
-  M. Ishizuka, and Y. Matsuo, “SL Method for Computing a Nearoptimal Solution using Linear and Non-linear Programming in Cost-based Hypothetical Reasoning,” Knowledge-based Systems, Vol.15, Issue 7, pp. 369-376, 2002.
-  J. de Kleer, “An assumption based TMS,” Artif. Intell., Vol.28, pp. 127-162, 1986.
-  F. Ito, and M. Ishizuka, “A Fast Hypothetical Reasoning System using Inference-Path Network,” Trans. of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 501-509, 1991.
-  A. Kondo, T. Makino, and M. Ishizuka, “A Fast Hypothetical Reasoning System for Predicate-Logic Knowledge-Base,” Trans. of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.8, No.6, pp. 819-827, 1993.
-  N. Domae, and M. Ishizuka, “Knowledge-Base Reformation for Efficient Hypothetical Reasoning System,” Trans. of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 595-603, 1994.
-  S. Kato, H. Seki, and H. Itoh, “An Efficient Abductive Reasoning System Based on Program Analysis,” Trans. of the Information Processing Society of Japan, Vol.35, No.10, pp. 2019-2028, 1994.
-  A. Satter, and R. Goebel, “Consistency-motivated reason maintenance in hypothetical reasoning,” New Generation Computing, Vol.15, pp. 163-186, 1997.
-  M. Koshino, T. Hayashi, H. Kimura, and S. Hirose, “Speed up of Searching All Solution Hypothetical Reasoning for Predicate-Logic Knowledge-Base,” Trans. of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 202-211, 2001.
-  H. Nobata, H. Kimura, and S. Hirose, “A Proposal to Reduce Accumulated Reasoning Time on Hypothetical Reasoning,” Trans. of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers D-II, Vol.j80-D-II, No.12, pp. 3164-3172, 1997.
-  L. Vieille, “Recursive Axioms in Deductive Databases: The Query/Subquery Approach,” Proc. of the 1st Int’l Conf. on Expert Database Systems, pp. 179-193, 1986.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.