Precision Machining with Micro-Scale Vertical Machining Center
Daniel J. Cox*, Glynn Newby*, Hyung Wook Park*, Steven Y. Liang*,
Wang-Lin Liu**,***, Shang-Bin Hsieh**, and Joon Hwang****
*George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332-0405, USA
**Precision Machinery Research and Development Center, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
***Department of Electrical Engineering National Changhua University of Education, Changhua, Taiwan, ROC
****Mechanical Design Department, ChungJu National University, ChungJu, Chung-Buk 380-702, Korea
-  J. Corbett, P. A. McKeown, G. N. Peggs, and R. Whatmore, “Nanotechnology: International Developments and Emerging Products,” Keynote Paper, Annals of CIRP, Vol.49, No.2, 2002.
-  M. Takacs, and B. Vero, “Material Structural Aspects of Micro-Scale Chip Removal,” Materials Science Forum 414-415, pp. 337-342, 2003.
-  H. Weule, and H. Trischle, “Micro-Cutting of Steel to Meet New Requirements in Miniaturization,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.50, No.1, pp. 61-64, 2001.
-  Y. Okazaki, T. Mori, and N. Morita, “Desk-top NC milling machine with 200 krpm spindle,” Proc. ASPE Annual Meeting, pp. 192-195, 2001.
-  Z. Lu, and T. Yoneyama, “Micro Cutting in the micro lathe turning system,” International J. of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.39, No.7, pp. 1171-1183, 1999.
-  M. P. Vogler, X. Liu, S. G. Kapoor, R. E. DeVor, and K. F. Ehmann, “Development of Meso-Scale Machine Tool (mMT) Systems,” Trans of North American Manufacturing Research Institution, SME, pp. 653-661, 2002.
-  D. N. Reshetov, and V. T. Protman, “Accuracy of Machine Tools,” New York: ASME Press, 1988.
-  G. Boothroyd, and W. A. Knoght, “Fundamentals of Machining and Machine Tools,” New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1989.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.